5'5 ladies and size two 2 pants?

Options
2»

Replies

• corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    it really depends more about body shape rather than height. I'm 5'5 and I cannot go smaller than a 5-6 because my hips are too big. I tried once, bruised my hip bones.
  • russkiballerina
    russkiballerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, almost 5'7" and a 0, sometimes a 2. I don't feel too smallish but when I'm around my boyfriend kinda, cos he's almost 6'4" :/
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and wear a size 2... I do feel very fit. Best shape of my life lol. Even at a 4 or 6 I felt great about my body.

5'5" 130 lbs and wear size 4 comfortably. Also best shape of my life - lots of muscle this time. I will easily get to a 2 since i am still at 25% Bf and recomping to muscle (slowly). I look "normal" for the first time ever.
  • JulesMT
    JulesMT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" in a size 0/2 and I feel great! I have a small bone structure and body fat is about 17-18%.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    you also need to realize MANY stores are now guilty of vanity sizing. In some stores you could be a 6 and in others you can be a 0 its how you feel that matters!

^^ this. I walked into an Old Navy recently wearing an old pair of their shorts in a size 4 and all the 0s I tried on were too big. Most low-cost brands run their sizes crazy big these days. I'm a 0-2 in Target-type-store clothes, but a 4-6 in really high-end stuff (I'm 5'1" and 108 lbs). So as long as you're healthy, then no, you're not too skinny.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    you also need to realize MANY stores are now guilty of vanity sizing. In some stores you could be a 6 and in others you can be a 0 its how you feel that matters!

^^ this. I walked into an Old Navy recently wearing an old pair of their shorts in a size 4 and all the 0s I tried on were too big. Most low-cost brands run their sizes crazy big these days. I'm a 0-2 in Target-type-store clothes, but a 4-6 in really high-end stuff (I'm 5'1" and 108 lbs). So as long as you're healthy, then no, you're not too skinny.

I find this is the opposite in the UK. Primark sizes are tiny. I might need to go 2 sizes up (14-16 or even 18) but more expensive shops like Marks & Spencers I can fit into a size 10! I thought it was because cheaper shops want to use less material and people don't want to buy a size bigger so just squeeze into them.