Been here a week and its bloody helping

Options
Hello all, never used or had the inclination to use any app / diet / forum for healthy lifestyle till i came across myfitnesspal, now after 6 days i have turned my eating / fitness habits around ( hopefully ) i just turned 50, have come out of a ten relationship and basically re starting life from a fresh, when i say a restart i mean a massive change in social structure / work i need to regain some of the fitness i had ten years ago and certainly need to lose the weight that has been gained from the sedentary life style i had for the past three years,

Replies

• EmmyRose
    EmmyRose Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Joining MFP is a fantastic first step and it's awesome you can see it working already.
    I love the community here, lots of information and helpful people.
    Don't get discouraged if you find it becoming difficult, you can always come back to MFP to log again, as I've done about 4 times now, haha.
    Add me if you like I'm an active member and try and engage with my friends here on MFP.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    MFP is damned useful.

PS I knew you were a Brit from the title. ;)
  • garyhorder
    garyhorder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ah , must have been the use of bloody rather than darn ;) lol
  • garyhorder
    Options
    Thanks for that, yes the more people i connect with here the easier it gets, the guilt of failing has an impact, i dont like letting others down, myself not so much lol
  • StevenH74
    StevenH74 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hello and welcome.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    This board has been amazing Its the best form of support and advice on getting and staying healthy
  • upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    Options
    From last 1 year i became a fitness freak. i am following a strict diet and workout routine. The best part is i enjoy doing that. If i talk to people 90% words will be related to fitness only LOL. But its became my passion, i cant help it. Its really very interesting buying healthy food for me, doing new exercises, reading blogs regarding this topic. Indeed it became my life.

So i can feel what you want to be. you can completely change your lifestyle doing this. Its a new world. And off course MFP helped me a lot. A wanted such an amazing website for me, where there are lots of people like me with same interests ans passion.
    Best of luck and welcome to the new world :love:
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you :smile:

Glad it is working for you. I find it does if I stick to it. I am having a relaunch today. I want to be a new person in 3 months time. So I am making myself a 100 day count down.

Feel free to add me.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    MFP is damned useful.

^^^^ this

and it's bloody good :drinker:

ETA: and I'm a Londoner so I pronounce it bladdy :bigsmile:
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    MFP is damned useful.

the title is what made me look, its the sort of thing i would say.

welcome aboard
  • garyhorder
    Options
    cheers all, yeh im actually a true East ender lost in the scary Midlands, leicester to be precise, for any non UK peeps, thats equivalent to ****sville :)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm down souff [near Portsmouth] , only been to Leicester a few times, decades back, I liked it, but was for work, living in hotels and just saw the city centre , markets and the like, so may well have missed things that someone living there notices daily
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    If you're just getting started, here is some info you might find useful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

Best of luck to you in reaching your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome M8. This is a great place for support. I'm looking for the same. I've got my last 30lbs to lose and have added 60min/day of cardio. I've lost 6 lbs in my first month of that! Good luck and let's rock this bloody jank!!!!!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    MFP is damned useful.

I don't know. My daughter (20) uses bloody instead of US curse words. She just wishes she was a Brit.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hello all, never used or had the inclination to use any app / diet / forum for healthy lifestyle till i came across myfitnesspal, now after 6 days i have turned my eating / fitness habits around ( hopefully ) i just turned 50, have come out of a ten relationship and basically re starting life from a fresh, when i say a restart i mean a massive change in social structure / work i need to regain some of the fitness i had ten years ago and certainly need to lose the weight that has been gained from the sedentary life style i had for the past three years,

Welcome Gary! You will love the app and website. There is a lot of helpful information.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    MFP rocks! I joined late January and have lost 35 pounds. I went of vacation, forgot to log on and gained but I got right back on it and lost it again! MFP it really works! lol
  • garyhorder
    Options
    Thanks all
  • garyhorder
    Options
    If you're just getting started, here is some info you might find useful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

Best of luck to you in reaching your goals. :flowerforyou:

Cheers :smile:
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I as well just started a week ago and am loving it. I have a long way to go but find it very useful and encouraging! I hope to feel that same way as I continue!