Wine is killing my diet...I have to slow down! Am I alone?

Options
124»

Replies

• JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Replace the stress relief that wine brings at the end of the day with a session at the gym! That's what I did and instead of being an alcoholic, I am now a "gym-aholic"....seriously, if I don't get in the gym everyday for my endorphin rush I get irritable and mean just like I used to when I was drinking every day to cope with the stress.
  • beakueng
    beakueng Posts: 7
    Options
    I don't drink due to stress - I simply like the taste of wine and beer. I noticed after turning 40 that a daily glass of wine or beer (which I do not consider problematic levels!) started to go to my stomach :-( So now I (almost always) stick to drinking alcohol only on the weekends and treat myself with an alcohol-free beer once in a while during the week.

Also, I've started buying wine in 1/2 liter bottles instead of .75 liters. That's enough for 2 people, we think.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This used to be my problem. I read up on it and realized the liver focuses on metabolizing the wine and something something won't metabolize food correctly something something won't lose weight. So when I want a glass of wine, I ask myself if it's worth undoing ALL the work I've done so far. I have to almost demonize wine (hence, the word "all") in order to skip it. But it works for me.
  • marvolicioush
    marvolicioush Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Trust2400 wrote: »
    There is an herb called Kudzu. You can buy this in a pill, take it before your first glass, and it will decrease your interest in a second or third. I used to drink a lot, and I would take Kudzu before a party or going to a bar and instead of drinking the standard 6-pak, I lost interest after 3 or 4. Look it up :)

Thank you! Im purchasing kudzu right away on amazon! The reviews there were amazing and I have been looking for help with slowing down/quitting.
  • sonnysmith45
    sonnysmith45 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink sometimes when my neigbour comes around so please count me in..want to loose weight...
  • sonnysmith45
    sonnysmith45 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I noticed now that the last post was in June is the thing still actual?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    If you like the wine you better be able to get up early and run! That the only way I can make it work. Although I have not tried the cut back theory yet.
  • luckydadof5
    luckydadof5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Love my red merlot! And I even make my own. But work it into my Macros! Be strong! Lol
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Oh I love my wine so much. Wine lovers unite !!!