Carbs at dinner

Options
2»

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat carbs for dinner. I've noticed that if carbs are just at my dinner, we just sit there in silence. They make for terrible conversation.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Carbs at every meal.

Every. Single. Meal.

Why not?
  • Semarshman
    Semarshman Posts: 19
    Options
    Ive tried to cut back on carbs at dinner as i read in a book somewhere that if you dont need the energy in the evening then you dont need so many at dinner. I tend to excercise on my way home from work, so have most of my bread, potatoes, pasta etc during the day and then at dinner have some chicken, fish, steak etc with lots of veg, but no pasta, rice etc. Ive found that it works for me and ive also found that i sleep a lot better on these evenings ( i tend to eat late after the gym) so i guess its different for everyone!!

I totally agree with this post. I just find I feel better, sleep better and function better if I do not eat "carbs" at dinner. I also workout early, so the carbs are a great energy source for that. Of course I am assuming that you mean carbs, like rice, or pasta and not carbs like veg!!! Veg I eat with every meal!
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I eat them all day and all night. As long as they fit in my day, they are not off limits no matter what time of day.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I eat about 300g of them. Right before bed. Feelsgoodman.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I cut way back on carbs, I stay below 50 - but only because it has helped me cut calories which is what leads to weight loss. I feel fuller eating more protein/fat, so I eat less. It also killed my cravings for sweets.

Eat less calories than you burn and you lose weight.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    What are carbs? lol
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Love carbs for dinner. If you like them, eat them! I frequently have a carb based dinner then a banana right before bed (helps with insomnia).