Options
    I have the following diary labels:

Breakfast (6am To 7am)
    Morning Snack (9am To 10am)
    Lunch (12pm To 1pm)
    Afternoon Snack (3pm To 4pm)
    Dinner (5:30pm To 6:30pm)
    Evening Snack (8:30pm To 9pm)

They work best for me right now because I have gestational diabetes and have to log everything for the dietitian/doctor, so I log it here, track my blood sugars times and #'s in notes, then I can just print and bring with me for check ins. :)
  • missemmamm
    missemmamm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    cool info, I did not know you could do that
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I have it this way:

4:00am - 12:00pm
    12:00pm - 4:00pm
    4:00pm - 8:00pm
    8:00pm-10:00pm
    Nightmare Fuel
    Supplements

I tend to have horrible nightmares if I eat too much or things that are too spicy or flavorful after 10PM, so I set that as the name for a reminder!
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Work Snack
    Work Meal
    Morning Snack
    Dinner
    Extra Snacks

Tho I don't know why I bother to separate them sometimes... I wish Recent would come up in all "meals"
    I hate having to search for something under snacks when I've had it for dinner for example...
    Mine isn't always logged under the correct "meal" so to speak, but the amount is logged accurately.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers before MFP so I kept the same setup... Morning, midday, evening, and anytime categories. My morning is typically wakeup to my work lunchtime (1100ish), midday is lunchtime until work would be over (1600ish), evening is anything from then until bedtime, and anytime is sort of a random place for me to plan.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, dinner, snacks.

Honestly I feel like I don't even need the morning snack category.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Lunch
    Dinner
    Planned Snacks
    Drinks
    Unplanned Snacks

I only changed it to the unplanned snacks yesterday so I can monitor more closely what snacks im eating. Im really good when it comes to meals and portions but im a terrible snacker.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, Lunch, Supper, Snack
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Morning Snack
    Lunch
    Afternoon Snack
    Dinner
    Evening Snack
  • missvie
    missvie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have

Breakfast
    snack
    lunch
    snack
    dinner
    snack

Works best for me, I love my snacks :D
  • Dol10
    Dol10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just keep the default settings because if you change it on here (the website) it doesn't reflect the change/addition of new categories on the mobile app. So if you add a category, it doesn't appear on the app (or at least from the last time I did that about a year ago, things may have changed since then). Essentially I just have a Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Anything in between goes into 'Snack'.
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I work at a summer camp and the kids take snack 2x a day and I tend to eat with them. However, I don't always take snack so this is how mine looks:

Breakfast

Small Lunch

Dinner

Post-workout

Morning snack

Afternoon snack

It reminds me to eat meals, gives me space to log the snacks when I eat them with the kids, and gives me a place for a post-workout protein shake too.
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have:

Pre-workout
    Breakfast
    Lunch
    Afternoon Snack
    Dinner
    Evening Snack
  • MackynDibsMom
    Options
    I work swing shift and graveyard during my work week and switch to days on my weekends, sometimes being awake for 24 hours or more, so logging has been historically difficult. So for me I have my categories set as:
    12am - 4am
    4am - 8am
    8am - 12pm
    12pm - 4pm
    4pm - 8pm
    8pm - 12am

It has worked quite nicely since no matter what I'm doing I don't have to decide whether to call the meal I eat when I get off work in the morning breakfast, because that's what day walkers call it, or dinner, because that's what it feels like to me.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    I just keep the default settings because if you change it on here (the website) it doesn't reflect the change/addition of new categories on the mobile app. So if you add a category, it doesn't appear on the app (or at least from the last time I did that about a year ago, things may have changed since then). Essentially I just have a Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Anything in between goes into 'Snack'.
    Must have changed at some point because mine match.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Mine show on my app just fine. Maybe you might want to get in touch with MFP support? (Note - they won't show on the app on the diary unless you've added something to the category, but they should be available if you want to add an entry.)
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I have
    Meal 1
    Meal 2
    Meal 3
    Meal 4
    Meal 5
    Meal 6

I log snacks as meals. I log meals as meals. It helps me see what I ate when and how it affected me later on in the day in the remaining "meals."
  • NinaSharp
    NinaSharp Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just learned that you can go into the settings and rename your meal categories. A lot of times I have a hard time deciding what meal category I should log something into (Especially on days where I work at 4 AM and have "lunch" at like 9 AM and then a second lunch or heavy snack later in the afternoon), so I decided to delete all meals and just sort by time.

I have:
    Wakeup - 10 AM
    10 AM - 2 PM
    2PM - 6 PM
    6 PM - Bedtime

I might try changing it around some more after a while to see what I prefer.

Bless you....didn't even know this was an option. Fixed mine!

Preworkout
    Breakfast
    Snack
    Lunch
    Snack
    Dinner

Thanks a million

How do you guys have your diaries set up, and why do you have it set the way you do?
  • SushiKite
    SushiKite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    AM Drinks
    Breakfast
    Lunch
    Dinner
    Snacks and/or Wish I Never Ate!
    Supplements
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Wakey Wakey 6am-9am
    Morning Pick-Me-Up 9am-12pm
    Lunchy Munch 12pm-3pm
    Afternoon Delight 3pm-6pm
    Evening Boost 6pm - 9pm
    Wind Down Zone 9pm-12am

'Wakey Wakey' is normally for supplements & early morning cuppa (plus protein bar for Saturday morning when I have an early workout). Wind Down Zone eats are dependent on a) how active I've been and b) how many calories i have left.