It pays to look back

Options
earlnabby
earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
I am really close to a half-year of eating better and decided to look back at my stats to get a good view of my overall progress. I started on Dec 31 (not because of a New Years Resolution but because that is the day I ended up in the hospital with severe anemia) and began with MFP on Valentines Day. I am aiming towards a loss of 1 lb a week. My first 6 weeks I lost 21 lb, at least 10 from edema caused by the anemia, and have lost another 24 since starting MFP. My overall average is 1.8 lb a week and my MFP average is 1.3 lb. The last month I lost 4.4 lb which is dead on with the 1 per week (and I thought I wasn't losing much of anything!)

Health wise I am good too. My hemoglobin is normal and my ferritin is up from almost non existent (my value was 3) to low normal. I still have to take the high potency iron until I raise the ferritin more. All of the tests they did in the hospital showed that I was also T2 diabetic. I have lowered my A1C to 5.6 and am very close to getting off the medication and just control it through lifestyle.

I have been feeling discouraged because it seems like the scale and my measurements have not budged recently but, in reality, I am right on schedule weight wise and vastly improved health wise. YAY!

Replies

• RedRider230
    RedRider230 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job and glad you are getting better!
  • exlaxref
    exlaxref Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on improving your health.

Look back, but don't forget to look forward as well.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Great job!:flowerforyou:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on improving your health.

Look back, but don't forget to look forward as well.

Very true.
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your great success and really good about your A1C!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!