Anyone else feel sick from chocolate after eating clean?

Options
recently i have been eating clean to try drop a few pounds, and all the time i am craving chocolate and sweets as i used to eat loads in the past. So today i gave into my cravings and ate a donut with very thick icing and now feel so sick:( i also have horrible taste in my mouth and have now had it since i ate that, is it because my body has adjusted to eating clean? Does anyone else not like the taste of processed food since eating healthy?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I consider dark chocolate clean, so no...
  • mintytom2014
    Options
    i mean do you not like the taste of things like full of sugar and stuff?
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yes, after eating clean for a while, if I eat something like that, I get sick.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    It's a problem that's pretty easy to avoid.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I've been there, myself. But I do think it could, depending on what you're eating when you're eating "clean", be a matter of your body being surprised when you consume rich foods. Sometimes, when it comes to things like sweets, chocolate, and icing, they're already rich, and a little bit goes a long way. But if you've been consistently eating lighter and less rich foods, when you do have that chocolatey, sugary treat, that little bit goes even further.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Nope.....I eat everything in moderation.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Well since I just had to put down my brownie to type can't say this is a problem for me. But I didn't drop it on the floor or anything so it's clean and delicious.

In for Moderation :)
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    No, but I think I was ridiculously sick from eating a whole ribeye myself after not having steak for awhile.
  • Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way.

Over the last year I've mostly given up drinking regular soda (I usually only drink diet and only once in awhile) and the odd occasion when I drink a regular it has so much sugar that it makes me feel a little bit ill afterwards. It's the same if I have too much ice-cream or another dessert that has a lot of sugar. The last couple times I had a donut were really bad so I've decided not to eat them anymore.

Cream is similar. I used to have it a lot in coffee but I stopped using it when I went on WW last year and now if I have more than small spoonful I get a stomachache.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've slowly taught myself that only DARK chocolate exists & may be eaten. No other chocolates may be eaten! Keeps me out of trouble! As long as I obey this rule, I'm fine. Am I 100% compliant with this? No, but maybe 95%. :bigsmile: :glasses: :happy:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    maybe you have ebola. :huh:
  • pagraham1971
    pagraham1971 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    its possible that the chocolate coating on the donut was not real chocolate, just a bunch of chemicals.
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My teeth always feel furry after eating sweets. I try to remember this whenever I want to shove some into my mouth. I'll eat some chocolate and within about two minutes my teeth feel disgusting and I have to go brush them.

That said, my body only feels "gross" if I overeat sweets. A small amount, like a serving of chocolate chips mixed with some almonds, is fine. A whole Hershey's bar and a bowl of marshmallows--not fine.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    ( i also have horrible taste in my mouth and have now had it since i ate that,

Just brush your teeth.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    its possible that the chocolate coating on the donut was not real chocolate, just a bunch of chemicals.

LOL
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're pregnant
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I've slowly taught myself that only DARK chocolate exists & may be eaten. No other chocolates may be eaten! Keeps me out of trouble! As long as I obey this rule, I'm fine. Am I 100% compliant with this? No, but maybe 95%. :bigsmile: :glasses: :happy:

This is going to be my fallback position if the monthly chocolate demon rears its head at me. I already scouted a homemade recipe, two Ghirardelli options, and a big expensive bar Whole Food stocks for emergency measures.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    So recently i have been eating clean to try drop a few pounds, and all the time i am craving chocolate and sweets as i used to eat loads in the past. So today i gave into my cravings and ate a donut with very thick icing and now feel so sick:( i also have horrible taste in my mouth and have now had it since i ate that, is it because my body has adjusted to eating clean? i don't think i can eat chocolates/cakes again.. is anyone else not like the taste of processed food since eating healthy?

NO it's your bodies way of punishing you for not eating chocolate and donuts...
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Decent quality dark chocolate is clean and usually doesnt have much sugar. It is a great source of saturated fat too.

As for the donut part, if you have been eating "clean", then the richness of the donut may cause some distress. You may have to reduce the amount you eat next time.

Or you can include such an item in your weekly diet and avoid the issue in the future altogether.