That Dang Processed Food! DEVIL!!!!!

Options

Replies

• rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options

But sometimes, I just want some dang chips. From a mylar bag. And NOT kale. Never kale:laugh:

Kale is actually delicious and so are kale chips. Given the choice between kale chips and doritos I would take kale chips 99% of the time.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I did chemistry, and now I'm on my way to be a food science engineer - aka. an evil mastermind in training, apparently... Since I know what the label says, does that mean it' healthier for me then? Or, what if I make those ingredients, cook myself a nice batch of dorritos in our test-lab, does that then mean it's a home cooked meal and therefor of course healthier?

:huh: :laugh:

well cook me up some and I will consider it home made :bigsmile:

So is judgement home made or highly processed?

did we agree on a burning calories or consuming calories?

I'm really confused now on how I should log my judgements .

Jo... I think you should log them as 1 calorie burned per second... it takes a lot.... ;)
    oh gosh- thank you so much!! I was really worried!!!
    Kale is actually delicious and so are kale chips. Given the choice between kale chips and doritos I would take kale chips 99% of the time.

wrong.
    and wrong.
    and never.

kale chips are gross. I have no idea why people continue to insist what is essentially a fancy version of parsnip is delicious. I've tried it several ways- ti's gross- and bitter.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I did chemistry, and now I'm on my way to be a food science engineer - aka. an evil mastermind in training, apparently... Since I know what the label says, does that mean it' healthier for me then? Or, what if I make those ingredients, cook myself a nice batch of dorritos in our test-lab, does that then mean it's a home cooked meal and therefor of course healthier?

:huh: :laugh:

well cook me up some and I will consider it home made :bigsmile:

So is judgement home made or highly processed?

did we agree on a burning calories or consuming calories?

I'm really confused now on how I should log my judgements .

As water.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Everyone knows that by processed they are speaking of foods made in a Corporate manufacturing, factory environment.

These overly technical terms are nonsense. We weren't eating boxed, packaged, manufactured food like substances over 50-60 years ago. Foods were made from scratch.

Go ahead and eat those preservatives and food dyes. They are known to be unhealthy in the human body.

Mmm, mmm, 1950's homemade food:

50104f1f04cec.preview-300.jpg

No, thanks! 1950's food looks like sadness :-(

GAH :noway:
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    You want those chemicals Glenn Coco? You go Glenn Coco.
    :laugh:
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Food is just food
    EVERYTHING is processed, taking a potato from the ground is already processing.
    Everything is chemicals
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    But for those who are more active, I guess if you want to use low nutrient foods to stimulate the pleasure centers in your brain, go for it.

I really actually quiet impressed with the amount of judgeiness you managed to squeeze into this one last highly passive aggressive sentence. that I'm sure took some work!!

I'm pretty sure it's more work to think rationally than it is to pass judgement on people for eating some chips.

I'm not judging anyone. When PMS hits this month I may very well do the same thing with some dark chocolate. Calling it what it is isn't judging. That is what we do when we choose palatable foods with little or no nutritional value. It's fine, we do other things for that, too. Like drink coffee. I'm about to finish off my third cup right now.

You may want to reread your statement and clarify how that's not coming off as judging and condescending. :flowerforyou:

Okay, but everything I do is for pleasure. I like think acknowledging that makes me harder to manipulate into giving up something more pleasurable for something less so.

Even going vegan was for the pleasure of not feeling guilt for what is on my plate. And having a weight loss goal under that which is strictly needed for my health is for both the pleasure of looking how I want to look and the pleasure of trying to succeed at a difficult goal I have set for myself.

And if I ever calculate that either is less than the pleasure of those chips, you better believe I will eat the chips.
  • rejectuf
    Options

wrong.
    and wrong.
    and never.

kale chips are gross. I have no idea why people continue to insist what is essentially a fancy version of parsnip is delicious. I've tried it several ways- ti's gross- and bitter.

Uh, are you sure you know what kale is? Parsnip is a root vegetable, kale is a leafy green.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Uh, are you sure you know what kale is? Parsnip is a root vegetable, kale is a leafy green.
    yes- yes I do.
    Parsley- I meant parsley. LOL

Green things- taste like *kitten*- used as a garnish. Kale- it tastes like that. it's a leafy gross is what it is.
    But for those who are more active, I guess if you want to use low nutrient foods to stimulate the pleasure centers in your brain, go for it.

I really actually quiet impressed with the amount of judgeiness you managed to squeeze into this one last highly passive aggressive sentence. that I'm sure took some work!!

I'm pretty sure it's more work to think rationally than it is to pass judgement on people for eating some chips.

I'm not judging anyone. When PMS hits this month I may very well do the same thing with some dark chocolate. Calling it what it is isn't judging. That is what we do when we choose palatable foods with little or no nutritional value. It's fine, we do other things for that, too. Like drink coffee. I'm about to finish off my third cup right now.

You may want to reread your statement and clarify how that's not coming off as judging and condescending. :flowerforyou:

Okay, but everything I do is for pleasure. I like think acknowledging that makes me harder to manipulate into giving up something more pleasurable for something less so.

Even going vegan was for the pleasure of not feeling guilt for what is on my plate. And having a weight loss goal under that which is strictly needed for my health is for both the pleasure of looking how I want to look and the pleasure of trying to succeed at a difficult goal I have set for myself.

And if I ever calculate that either is less than the pleasure of those chips, you better believe I will eat the chips.

Screenshot_2014-06-18-16-24-18_zpsf8b0395d.png
  • rejectuf
    Options
    yes- yes I do.

Green things- taste like *kitten*- used as a garnish. Kale- it tastes like that. it's a leafy gross is what it is.

You realize you're posting this directly above your criticism of someone for being judgemental, right.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy very basic foods that are a healthy part of an adult diet. Parsley is used in a ton of things to help season it, not just as a garnish.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Kinda not sure how this relates to your judgmental statement. *shrug*
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

Kinda not sure how this relates to your judgmental statement. *shrug*

In order to judge, I would have to think it is wrong to live for pleasure. But I'm a happy hedonist with Utilitarian leanings, I do live for pleasure, and so should you. The maximum pleasure for the longest time period given your own desires and general mental and physical makeup.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    yes- yes I do.

You realize you're posting this directly above your criticism of someone for being judgemental, right.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy very basic foods that are a healthy part of an adult diet. Parsley is used in a ton of things to help season it, not just as a garnish.

Personal food preferences is equal to backhanded criticism of one's diet. Got it.
  • apriljackss
    apriljackss Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Eat all the GMO soy and commercially produced chemicals that you want. At a calorie deficit you will still lose weight. However, if you actually want to get healthy, maybe you should learn more about the additives you're putting into your body instead of blindly blaming "fear mongers" and "health nuts" for falsely demonizing these "foods". Your choice.

ETA: I also eat junk sometimes... but I still do know better. Darn hormonal cravings...
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Eat all the GMO soy and commercially produced chemicals that you want. At a calorie deficit you will still lose weight. However, if you actually want to get healthy, maybe you should learn more about the additives you're putting into your body instead of blindly blaming "fear mongers" and "health nuts" for falsely demonizing these "foods". Your choice.

ETA: I also eat junk sometimes... but I still do know better. Darn hormonal cravings...

http://www.senseaboutscience.org/pages/making-sense-of-chemical-stories.html
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Don't be like that... more parsley for you!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    yes- yes I do.

Lol! How on earth is someone's personal dislike of one stupid, singular food a judgment on ANYBODY? Why is our dislike of kale a judgment on kale lovers? That just means more for you--that's a WIN for you.

And so what if parsley is good as a seasoning (I love coriander and cilantro, too--use them frequently), that doesn't make leafy greens baked to a crisp a suitable substitute for corn or potato chips. Just because it's a part of YOUR diet, doesn't mean it is required to be in everyone else's.

I can get every single micro nutrient a body requires from everything I eat. Which does NOT and will never, ever be kale.
  • rejectuf
    Options
    yes- yes I do.

Personal food preferences is equal to backhanded criticism of one's diet. Got it.

Insisting one's preferred food is wrong and gross and "tastes like *kitten*" isn't judgemental? Just pointing out glass houses, stones, etc.
  • iWorkout4Vino
    iWorkout4Vino Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm all about eating whatever you want, when you want, how you want, with who you want, with what you want......... ok you get my drift.

But I am critical of the naysayers- OMG DON'T EAT THAT ITS PROCESSED WTF ARE YOU DOING YOU'LL DIE. Or WORSE! YOU WON'T LOSE ANY WEIGHT!!!!

Below are two bags of chips. On the left, kettle cooked potato chips. Those ingredients look pretty good to me! And delicious as well. I love me some natural kettle cooked potato chips. The bag on the left are Doritos. I hate Doritos and you can plainly see there's a lot of ingredients on there that I can't pronounce.... so they could or they could not be good for you. How would I know? I can't even pronounce them to try to copy them into my phone to look them up later when I'm at home instead of the chip aisle of the grocery store looking like a moron.

smdm37.jpg

My point to all the "clean eaters" (YEA GO YOU!) is what's wrong with the chips on the left? The oil? The salt? THE YUMMINESS!???? I think anything in moderation is fine. Even chemically enhanced Doritos. You want those chemicals Glenn Coco? You go Glenn Coco.

I totally agree with you, everything in moderation!! Bring on the potato chips!
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    yes- yes I do.

Jokes. Some people have them.

She didn't say "if you eat parsely YOU WILL DIE"