40,000!! What would you do...?

Options
2»

Replies

• sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Return. Not only is it the right thing to do but Karma is a bltch.

Don't contradict yourself. Clearly the lady who lost the 40,000 was a total ***** and didn't deserve the 40,000, so karma took it away from her.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda of the opinion that anybody with $40K in cash is some kinda criminal or at least a tax cheat
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I too would consider it a gift from.. the salvation army I guess... Given it is they who provided me the couch... if you take into account all the things that might have happened to that money before I found it? I dare say that it will now be Salvation Army policy to dig into every nook and cranny of every piece of furniture they receive as a donation.

I was down on my luck at one point in my life... my last $20.00 no job... rent was due the next day and the Land lord would be knocking... I packed my bag... left it at the door then went down to the local bar... bought a drink... and sat down in front of a VLT... 3 hours later I walked out with rent and grocery money... TO reject a gift from the creator is to never receive another.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda of the opinion that anybody with $40K in cash is some kinda criminal or at least a tax cheat

I think they paid the taxes on it they just didn’t invest it. The tax cheat is the person who keeps it and deposits it at $9000 at a time.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Try to track the owner down.... no way would I hand it into the cops - they'd be the last people to get their mits on it.

Karma? Nonsense - no such thing otherwise there wouldn't be any evil in the world. It's just more region orientated clap-trap. Be good to people because it's the right thing to do not because you fear some mythical retribution.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I would keep it... plastic surgery and tattoos for all my MFP friends!! :laugh: