I CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT PLEASE HELP

Options
I'm having serious problems. So, for about 3 weeks now, I've been eating 1200-1500 calories a day, working out 5 days a week for 60-90 minutes and drinking PLENTY of water. I'm not eating much processed food (mostly fruit, veg and meat) So far, I've lost one pound. ONE POUND. I'm really dying here. I really want to lose weight and look better but so far, I'm seeing very minimal results.

I'm young. I'm only 20 years old and I'm about 30 pounds over weight right now.

In the past, I've crash dieted and tried things that were just bad for my body. I'm really trying to do this the right way so I can keep it up forever.. I don't want this to be a diet, I want it to be the way I live.

Please help me :( I'm really struggling.

I opened my diary so maybe someone can help me.

Replies

• crfeen
    crfeen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    You are making all kinds of new changes to your body (diet / working out)...be patient. The scale will catch up...mine didn't move until around week 5...I'm working out 6 days a week. So hang in there.

Make sure to track your calories.

Have you noticed any body changes? Inches lost?

Don't give up.

Karen
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Your not eating enough get real.
  • TheOtherSideOfFood
    TheOtherSideOfFood Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm having serious problems. So, for about 3 weeks now, I've been eating 1200-1500 calories a day, working out 5 days a week for 60-90 minutes and drinking PLENTY of water. I'm not eating much processed food (mostly fruit, veg and meat) So far, I've lost one pound. ONE POUND. I'm really dying here. I really want to lose weight and look better but so far, I'm seeing very minimal results.

I'm young. I'm only 20 years old and I'm about 30 pounds over weight right now.

In the past, I've crash dieted and tried things that were just bad for my body. I'm really trying to do this the right way so I can keep it up forever.. I don't want this to be a diet, I want it to be the way I live.

Please help me :( I'm really struggling.

I opened my diary so maybe someone can help me.

Hi there,

I wouldnt focus on strictly counting calories as a means to losing weight.

I would start with indentifying your bad habits and changing only a couple per week. i.e. Not eating breakfast -> eating a protein bar -> cooking eggs

This is gradual and will help you in the long term :)

Hop this helps.

Chris
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say that your body might just need some time to adjust. Bodies are weird. They tend to hold onto some extra water when you start a new workout routine, which can look like a stall or slight gain on the scale. But it's temporary and will go away as your body gets used to the exercise.

In the past few weeks I see a lot of missing days in your diary. Are you tracking those somewhere? Unfortunately, it's really really easy to undo your calorie deficit with just a few cheat days if you're not careful.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You don't log your food every day so we don't know what exactly you ate on those days. Plus you aren't weighing your food. You are using cups, etc. a lot of the time. If you are using MFP for your calorie burn it could be overstated and it looks like you are eating more than half back. You are eating a lot of processed food even though you said you weren't but it hasn't held me back from losing. Tighten up on your food log. I personally only eat half of my calories back from exercise because the calorie burn on MFP is kinda high. I've been losing weight every week but I have a lot more to lose.

And you don't have that much weight to lose so it could be going a little slower. What minimal results have you seen so far? Have you lost any inches?
  • Ringer1022
    Ringer1022 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Took a look through your diary... I'm thinking you're way over on carbs; but I'm certainly not an expert. I would suggest using with the scooby or IIFYM calculators to detremine the proper calories and their carb, fat, protein breakdown. Heck, do both to see the differences!

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I noticed you have items marked by size, rather than by weight. Truly weighing something is WAY more accurate than an estimate of size or measuring. You can fit way more smashed strawberries than halved strawberries in a half cup; but the measurement is the same. Try it with your peanut-butter or the pancake mix you use.

I'm also a beleive that you should only be eating back 50-60% of the calories burned, as estimated by machines. They lack serious accuracy.

I believe my food diary is open for viewing... Take a peek; I am by no means a saint when it comes to maintaining my proper calories or macro's on a daily basis however :laugh: And last week was particularly awful, as I was traveling for business... But I do try for regular logging at least 75% of the time.
  • gvrbabygirl
    gvrbabygirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I went through this. I did Atkins to the letter and lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks. I know how you feel. I had blood work done, tested for Thyroid issues, started taking vitamins. It took 2 years for me to start losing weight consistantly. Just keep at it. You may have some dieting damage to repair.

Start at the beginning, go see a dr and make sure you're not vitamin D deficient or having issues with underactive thyroid. If you have an insulin resistance issue, it may be a factor.

Do NOT give up!!
  • crfeen
    crfeen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the replies!! I will try what you all said :)