my thighs won't lose weight!

Options
Okay so I am at my biggest weight and then I lost about 10 lbs and gained like 5 of it back. Well my stomach doesnt look to big at all but my thighs have gotten huge and for years no matter what I do I cant lose my thigh fat. I know you cant spot reduce but are there any tips or specific exercises thatcouls help, because they just keep getting bigger no matter what

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Nope, you are not going to find any tips other than be patient as you lose weight. Five pounds lost is not enough to see a difference. Just keep plugging along and you'll eventually get results.
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Same here, i have lost about 6kg since the beginning of this year and NONE of it is from my legs haha all lost on my upperbody. so sad :(
  • babsbod
    babsbod Posts: 29
    Options
    Same here-always the last place to loose for me! I know walking everyday does help.
  • YukiAsuna
    YukiAsuna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hear ya.. almost 16lbs down so far and measurements from my thighs haven't budged even a quarter of an inch. So frustrating! Just keep working though. It'll get there. :)
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Previous advice is accurate. This is also my stubborn area but eventually they do indeed get toned and smaller.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    The thighs are the last to go. (Boobs first, unfortunately...)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    My thighs are still fat (23 in) and I've lost 87lbs so far, but I will say they are smooth now. I no longer have cottage cheese thighs, which I thought were hideous and gross! I still don't like showing them off, because of my stretch marks, but its easier for me to shave them and stuff. :happy:
  • JensRiot
    JensRiot Posts: 24 Member
    Options

So true...sigh
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Mine too. Apparently some people think it's sexy though! Own it. :flowerforyou:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    not for me :flowerforyou:

Also, Heather is right.
  • KettyLoyd
    KettyLoyd Posts: 51
    Options
    Loosing the thigh weight can only be done with specific combination of diet and exercise, just take the appropriate calories to burn the weight of thigh. By doing some exercise like stretching, squats, do lunges, don't take sweet in your liquid diet, drink green tea and oolong tea to reduce the weight of thighs.
  • aleshay317
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Thats kind of what I figured but was hopinh I was wrong haha! I'll just keep it up and hope I get some results eventually!!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

I miss my boobs.
  • lavendah
    lavendah Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Whoa.And my thighs are where I'm losing the most inches.18 lbs down and have lost 2.5-3 inches on each thigh. I'm losing everywhere but can't seem to lose anything as significant around my bust and shoulders. :(

Edit : ^^Lulz at people wanting the opposite but getting what I want. :/
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Dont be afraid to lift heavy. I am pear shaped and I can do cardio forever and a day but liftin gis the only way my thoughs get leaner.
  • gltyrrell
    gltyrrell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my thighs are huge

this is a pic i took yesterday

legs.jpg

desperate for help on how to slim my legs I run 5k 3 times a week I am doing some form of exercise (Gym, Zumba) every day and I am eatin around 1500kcal a day.
  • heavydron
    heavydron Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well after viewing the picture. You do not need to slim down your legs lol. However, if you insist, then just keep a caloric deficit like it seems you are. Be sure to throw in high calorie days once or twice a week to "jumpstart" metabolism, otherwise it'll crash out. Keep in mind everyone loses fat in different places first. My arms and legs carry very little fat, but my midsection and lower back fat are always last to go. For women, ofttimes the thighs carry until the low percentages, around 12%-13%. Just keep pushing!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Try clam shells, squats, lunges, kick backs, scissor kicks.....they'll all help but it takes work and patience. I noticed a significant change when I added running to all of the above.
  • gltyrrell
    gltyrrell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    TY :D xx
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Do you measure or are you going by how your pants fit? A lot of pants are made with stretch fabric and you can squeeze into them even with a lot of weight gain and then as you lose weight, they still fit tight in the thighs. If you aren't already measuring, do. Good luck and keep at it!