I'm so IRRITABLE!

Options
OysterKat
OysterKat Posts: 47 Member
I'm on my second week of using MFP and it's been great! I'm losing tons of weight and normally I have been feeling super full.

BUT TODAY I FEEL LIKE I WANT TO POP SOMEONES HEAD OFF! I feel like I need to eat more and more to not be irritable. Does anyone ever feel like this?

I'm stressed and it's just making it worse.
I have 243 calories left and I want to eat like 84834839 little debbie cakes.

What should I do?

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i had a few REALLY irritable days in my second week, but things went back to normal afterward.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Pop someone...this sounds great! However, if you're trying to avoid jail then go with something to drink and eat something if it fits into your calories
  • stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Eat a snickers.
  • OysterKat
    Options
    Eat a snickers.

how tempting lol
  • NurseSweetsGettinFit
    Options
    I say prep up a huge glass of a low cal beverage (i.e. unsweeteened almond milk decaf tea, truvia sweetened green or black tea, crystal light, hot tea, etc) and a lean protein (egg whites, tuna, or a greek plain yogurt with stevia or almond extract) and get a journal a unload that stress. Also a little walk or picking up the phone to talk to a friend may also help. Kudos to you for identifying the issue and asking for help on here rather then going with the emotions and your cravings. You're doing great MFP!!
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? How much weight do you have to lose? It's quite likely that you can afford to eat more, and still lose at a healthy rate, and bonus: you won't be hangry.
  • OysterKat
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 2 doing 1290 calories want to get to 150 short term
  • OysterKat
    Options
    Weigh 167 now
  • OysterKat
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's help!!
  • abysskitten
    Options
    I somehow misread the title of this thread as "I'm so IRRESISTIBLE".
    But, judging from your picture, I'm guessing you are :flowerforyou: Hope things feel better soon!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Eat a snickers.

+1

Full Snickers bar is 250 calories. You can pretend the nuts are the bones of your enemies.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Eat a snickers.

how tempting lol
    There are 250 calories in a snickers so if it fits, and you want it, go ahead and have it.
    You dont need to give up everything to lose weight. IIFYM so they say...
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I only feel irritable enough to rip a person's face off when I'm at work. Once I clock out and go home, I can get away from all that annoys me. The joys of customer service jobs....

Now I wonder how many calories would be burned beating an annoyance to a bloody pulp?
  • DamianaKitten
    Options

With so little to lose, there's no reason to be at such a deep calorie deficit. Change your MFP settings to .5lbs/week, you'll feel better.
  • EATINGTOLIVE77
    EATINGTOLIVE77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound boring, however, baby carrots have saved me on days this. You can eat as many as you want!
  • Proph24
    Proph24 Posts: 195
    Options
    i want some snickers ice cream right now...its right over there
    >

might go for it and just run it off

i go with the logic that if im too lazy to burn it off then i shouldn't bother having it, either gets me motivated to run or makes me feel guilty BEFORE i actually have something bad/extra which usually stops me
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    If I feel like I need to eat and I've almost run out of calories, I still eat... I just try to reason with myself a little. I'll have a piece of fruit with some cheese or a granola bar rather than diving face first into the first container of delicious food I see. That helps me feel more justified in my "overeating."
  • DamianaKitten
    Options
    Assuming you are sedentary, which most people aren't, this is what your settings should reflect: 1,560 Calories / Day for .5lbs/wk loss. With so little to lose, you risk losing muscle and bone density by being at a deficit that is larger than necessary. The 2lb/wk goal is most appropriate for those who have 100lb+ to lose.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options

With so little to lose, there's no reason to be at such a deep calorie deficit. Change your MFP settings to .5lbs/week, you'll feel better.
    +1

Slow weight loss is best. What is the rush? If you are feeling this way now chances are you will soon give up after a binge (just sayin since I've been there and done what you are doing now). Figure your BMR and make that your minimum and then find out your TDEE and subtract 20% to make this your max calories per day. You will feel better and you will still lose. Good luck!
  • d0v3r13
    d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    get some air popped popcorn. there are lots of options now of prepopped popcorn that's super tasty. my favorite is at costco. its coconut oil and sea salt popcorn, i forget what its called. 4 cups of it is less than 140 cals. if you want to eat just for the sake of stuffing your face a snack like popcorn is the BEST. or, eat 1 oz of spicy beef jerky. the effort to chew it and the spicyness helps to make you more mindful of what you are eating and the calories are low but there's a lot of protein. or, string cheese and salami. 5 slices of salami are 100 cals and string cheese is usually 80, then you have a double whammy of good protein, plus fat, its satisfying especially because there's a lot of flavor. anyway, those are my fave snacks. they all help me feel satisfied when i have that urge to seriously stuff my face. i've been going at this for about 8 weeks, and i have not submitted to that urge yet :)