Looking for people to help with 100+ goal.

Options
Hey everyone!

I have been overweight my entire life, I remember hitting the healthy weight for a full grown human in fourth grade. I'm finally out of university and am starting an 'adult' job and figure it's time to take control of other parts of my life. I've done a lot of tries at weight loss-- through a weight loss centre with my mom, crazy diets by myself . My biggest success, was over 6 months when my roommate and I were working together. I live alone now and have no one to keep me in check or give me those sideways glances if I bring home sugary things.

I'm new here so I'm not sure what protocol is, but I'm totally in for motivating and cheering on others as well as holding them accountable! Lets all work together

: )

Replies

• lynnierose9
    lynnierose9 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    friend requested you. I have about 240 lb to loose still + or - a few pounds.
  • yvonneangelgoh
    yvonneangelgoh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, i had been this fat all my life too. Always overweight. I am going to take control this time and lose that 20kg!

Lets all do it together!
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I'm down 70 lbs and have another 60ish to go. I've been down every weight loss road there is (except surgery, which I actually no longer qualify for). Would love to have a new friend to talk to on this journey.
  • PapaDB
    PapaDB Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 100 pounds myself!
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm 25 lbs into a 100+ lb journey. I'm very active on my newsfeed and love reading other peoples posts and diaries for inspiration. My exercise and food diaries have lots of detail.

The more friends, the better! We can do this :)
  • almondize18
    almondize18 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! 30 lb into a 100 lb journey and always looking for more friends and support on my MFP newsfeed. I don' t use MFP to calculate my different meals but I do plug in the total calories consumed each meal, so we can motivate each other to eat healthy amounts at each meal.
  • Unicornlover
    Unicornlover Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm needing to lose 100 pounds and could use support friends as well. Sent you a friend request :-)
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i was morbidly obese all my life until recently. i think its helpful to have a friend who has been there and can show that it can be done. so here i am if you are interested in being my friend. im highly supportive and would love to cheer you on. you can do this!!

make small goals instead of looking at the bigger picture. celebrate the little things as they are just as important as anything else. take pictures! i cant stress that enough. i waited way too long and lost about 60lbs and couldnt "see" it myself. later on pictures have helped me notice it a little more as we are huge critics of ourselves.

tons of luck and well wishes to all!
  • deevalentine
    deevalentine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im sending you a friend request I have 90 pounds i been trying to loose forever, I started with mfp last year and for a while i was doing pretty good and then the holidays and weekends came and i failed horribly!! I gained back every bit and more of the little bit of weight i had lost and i lost all the mfp friends i had that were really motivating me. Now im starting back over again because i refuse to give up but i have no motivators. I like to motivate and support my friends and i need people that will motivate and support me back. If this is you please accept my friend request.
  • WatchJenShrink
    WatchJenShrink Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am -24 lbs and still have over 100 to go. Good luck to you!
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Request sent :)
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm almost half way towards my 100lb loss journey. It's tough, but like my buddy dr frank n furter always said "don't dream it be it" . The first hurdle is already behind you . You can do this. :-)
  • StajaB
    StajaB Posts: 51
    Options
    I hit my peak recently, due to lack of exercise, unhealthy eating habits, and medication side effects. But next year is going to be a very big year for me, and I finally took to heart that the only way to balance my mental disorders and emotional states is to go for whole body and mind wellness, not just take a bunch of pills. So down 8.8 in about a month, with 93 lbs to go. Let's all do it this time for real! I've spent too much time kinda going down only to lose motivation/ have an emotional breakdown, then creep back up and then some...
  • MadeInPhilly
    MadeInPhilly Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I also have 100 plus to get rid of.. I have found that having a partner really helps. I think we keep each other motivated.. we make each other go to the gym and help each other keep track of our daily diets.. Add me if you like and I will help be supportive :)
  • jennad0ll
    jennad0ll Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new to mfp today but I found this thread and it has my name all over it! I set a 100lb goal for myself and I need some help to get there (: I suppose I should go through and add some of you lovely individuals!
  • bmoore88155
    bmoore88155 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a 100+ goal myself and I feel we can all motivate each other. Add me, peeps :)
  • nerdfitquest
    nerdfitquest Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am always open to more MFP buddies.

I just hit -21 out of 219 Lbs to lose! So I still have a long road ahead of me. Lets do this and change our life's forever!

NerdFitQuest
  • Remmykins
    Remmykins Posts: 14
    Options
    I've got give or take 150ish to lose so feel free to add me. <3
  • jaegging
    jaegging Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to add you! I'm about 20 lbs into a 130 loss goal. I'm discovering all kinds of great things about myself and have really made some awesome connections on MFP already.
  • meyowtime
    meyowtime Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 100+ lb journey too. Looking for friends on here also. :-)