pouring rain, and no way to the gym...what now?

Options
2»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    if you have an issue such as hearing aids that can't get wet, that is different. if you don't want to run outside in the rain because it's just raining, then that is just... idk, lack of motivation. rain, cold, heat, whatever. they're all excuses.

if you have issues with your feet and blisters, you need non-cotton socks, and to slather your feet in aquaphor, or any water based ointment.

i run and bike in the rain, when safe, because most triathlons or races will not be canceled due to rain.
  • stanthom
    stanthom Posts: 13
    Options
    I go to Leslie Sansone's site walkathome.com and do one of her walking workouts.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    if you have an issue such as hearing aids that can't get wet, that is different. if you don't want to run outside in the rain because it's just raining, then that is just... idk, lack of motivation. rain, cold, heat, whatever. they're all excuses.

if you have issues with your feet and blisters, you need non-cotton socks, and to slather your feet in aquaphor, or any water based ointment.

i run and bike in the rain, when safe, because most triathlons or races will not be canceled due to rain.

Ha, it's why I have the treadmill - if it rains too much for me to run in, I just go on the treadmill. I do agree that if it's because "it's raining, I don't wanna" - then it is just an excuse.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Just curious what everyone else does to get their cardio in if it is pouring rain outside, and have no way to the gym??
    I don't have any workout equipment at my house....any ideas?

I run to the gym.

Then again, I run hot, so running in rain is super comfy for me.
  • eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Get wet!
    It's only water
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Put on a ball cap and go run outside.