15 Months & First 100lbs Gone

Options

Replies

• amandacolaizzi
    amandacolaizzi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't think about how far you have left to go, focus on how far you've come. You're not where you want to be, but you're not where you used to be!! You are amazing! It takes so much more than strength to accomplish what you've done so far. You've made it all of that way, when so many other people would have given up. With all that you've accomplished so far, I can only imagine all of the other amazing things that you can and will do in your life if you put your mind to it. The amount of willpower and dedication that you have can take you anywhere! It is hard not to be envious of someone like you. I admire all that you've done. I've never been where you've been per say. But I've had back surgery three years ago that made it almost impossible for me to walk. So I lost almost all of the muscle that i had in my body. I was what people call 'skinny fat' which is just another sad stereotype that people use to hurt others. but even then, I still did not have the determination that you have. It took me getting injured, to realize just how important it is to take care of your body. It's the only one you have. Keep up the amazing work!! We are all very proud of you. :happy:
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats...I see a lot of it gone in your face. Keep up the good work:drinker:
  • ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job you have done..WTG!!!:smile:
  • Amy3935
    Amy3935 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    100 pounds deserves a HUGE celebration! I know you have the strength to continue.
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Whoa! What a difference in the two pictures. Keep going, you are amazing.
  • GenZombie
    GenZombie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start by saying I'm not a success yet, I still have a lot of weight to lose but I think losing a 100lbs deserves a bit of celebrating.

I decided I needed to do something about my weight at the end of March 2013. I was completely devastated when I weighed myself (at a relative's house I was travelling and didn't have a scale at home) and saw that I was at 403.8lbs. That's a lot of extra weigh to carry around on my 5 ft 7 in frame. I got home from vacation, downloaded MFP on my phone and joined a local all women's gym. I started counting calories/weighing my food and got a personal trained and haven't looked back yet.

I'm now at 303.6lbs and my BMI has gone down 15.6 points. This is all with hypothyroidism, PCOS, and posterior tibial tendinitis, I didn't give myself excuses I just did what I could.

10343683_10152298825609118_3080050015353551286_n_zps687f2c11.jpg

Keep up the good work.
  • qtmonica
    qtmonica Posts: 16
    Options
    Good for you....
  • cog62
    cog62 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great Job!
  • BlackBetttie
    BlackBetttie Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing through chick!! You look great and I bet you feel so much better! Youre definitely right saying that 100 lbs lost deserves celebration! I hope you did something for you :)
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Let me start off by saying you lost 100lbs....you're a success. Congrats on the amazing transformation and hard work.
  • Vgolding1
    Vgolding1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 100# loss! Huge inspiration for others like myself that have a lot to lose. Keep up the great work that you are doing:drinker:
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations on your 100lb loss!
  • brianc31
    brianc31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! well done
  • joyangbax
    joyangbax Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting, it's very inspiring. Congratulations, the change is unreal, I love before, during and after pictures.
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You have made awesome progress! Keep up the great work!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Way to go, congratulations!!!
  • ychisholm
    ychisholm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are totally AWESOME!
  • cass_wilson
    cass_wilson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    go you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!