Awesome low calorie recipes?

Options
I am in need of motivation and very GOOD tasting low calorie recipes... what are some of your favorites? After having 3 kids I am in desperate need to find ME again... I am about 30lbs overweight. This is a hard place to be... the kids 9,2, and 1 all love "kid food"...and my husband is a very thin man who can eat and eat and never gain a pound. He loves my cooking... unfortunately so do I. Please help! Any advice is so greatly appreciated. :cry:

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    My blog is updated daily with a new recipe I make for dinners for my family :)

www.cookinglightwithcourtney.blogspot.com
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I do a daily cooking blog for just this reason, because there are so many here that ask for recipe help. I cook at home everyday so I do a blog about it. You can check it out at

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TracieJ65
  • lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Options
    check out Eating Well. I am making this pizza tonight: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/black_bean_nacho_pizza.html

This is a favorite with my husband: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/southwestern_tofu_scramble.html
  • kristakayklein
    Options
    Thank you! I will!
  • Cmsl90
    Cmsl90 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have fun creating my own recipes, I even have a friend doing it too....
    Pizza
    1 Light Rye Crispbread
    1Tbsp Pizza Sauce
    3 pepperoni
    1 Green Olive Sliced
    1/2 Slice Provolone Cheese
    Bake or Broil in Oven.
    We have these during a football game party...with Grn Olives about 110 Calories per, without is about 100.
    Calories vary depending on brands you choose or type of cheese.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    I love kid food. portion control is key, and substitute higher fiber, lower calorie options when possible.

For example, grilled cheese on white bread can be made using wonderbread's smart bread (45 calories per slice, 2 slices has 5 grams of fiber) and one slice of american cheese or weight watcher's american cheese. I like the taste of Better 'n Butter more than regular butter, and it's about 50 calories per TABLESPOON, which is way lower in calories than most butter spreads.

Hamburgers can be made with boca burger patties, 70 calories per patty and high in fiber and protein. You can use the lower calorie 80 calorie wheat buns by Sara Lee.

guacamole, Calavero (I think) is the brand where it's 40 calories for 2 tablespoons and soo delish.

haven't found a good low calorie mac and cheese, but oh well, can't win 'em all. I do like the microwaveable broccoli and cheese sauce in individual servings by green giant I think, at Target in the frozen section.

chef boyardee isn't terrible, if you watch the portions. and spaghettios are yummy and lowfat, high calcium.

98% fat free hot dogs by Hebrew National are also good.

turkey lunchmeat is good.

that's all I can think of right now.

I miss chicken nuggets but every once in awhile I get a small (4) of 'em from mcdonalds.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    cooking light has some really good recipies, and allrecipies.com you can search for things under 300 calories, they've got some fab sounding ones
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    something I just thought of about kids and kid food, I'm not sure how many calories kids are supposed to eat but I would be a little concerned that if I'm on a diet to make sure they're not, you know. weight loss is one thing, weight maintenance and diet for growing bodies quite different. I'm sure it's obvious to everyone not to put your kids on your diet, except as prescribed by a doctor, :smile: but I'd rather say too much in this regard than not enough.
  • kristakayklein
    Options
    Thank you!!! This all helps so much!