Weight Loss Journey on Hold - I'm pregnant - Need Support :)

Options
Hi Everyone,
I started my weight loss journey July of 2013 and have lost over 30lbs. My goal was to reach my pre-pregnancy weight when I had my first child (now 9 years old). My husband and I are now expecting our 2nd child and we are super excited. I’m looking for support from other pregnant women who are trying to maintain a healthy balance food intake and activity level for the duration of their pregnancy.

:bigsmile:

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!

I'm not pregnant anymore (had my baby boy in February) but I managed to stay pretty healthy AND active the whole time so feel free to add me! :)
  • Catvish
    Catvish Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awesome Thanks!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kim and my weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (225) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 70 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I am not pregnant right now, but I am part of an awesome facebook fitness group. We have some ladies who have recently been through pregnancy and maintained their weight goals. I can get you info on how to join if you are interested.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kyleigh....14 weeks in today. So glad to be in 2nd tri. I have been trying to stay active and healthy but I was struck with some severe nausea and vomiting! That is starting to taper significantly and I am getting a little more exercise, though I get winded easily. So far no weight gain but I haven't had much appetite with the morning sickness. Today was the first time I felt HANGRY and I've been eating healthy. Congrats and feel free to add :)
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say CONGRATS!!!
  • kmm0034
    kmm0034 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm not pregnant, but I have a friend who recently was, and she actually still lost some weight, thanks to some water aerobics classes. You can still be active doing that, if you're worried!
  • extremespjb
    extremespjb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I just won the weight loss competition at work but had to carefully tailor the last two weeks since I found out I was pregnant. I made it within about 5 lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight so I am pretty happy with that. My first son will be 2 next month so it took a while. With my last pregnancy I gained about 75 lbs (Yikes!) so I definitely am trying to keep my weight gain limited this time. Hoping for the healthy 25 lbs the doctor recommends and a healthy baby come February! :-)
  • kimberlymarie85
    kimberlymarie85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just found out I'm pregnant with #4 TODAY! Been at this weight loss thing for a couple years now, had lost 50 lbs, but had gained 30 over the past year and half... and just when I was logging onto MFP again and starting to get serious here comes baby surprise! I have never been this heavy with any pregnancy so I'm definitely worried about that. Congrats to you!!
  • jessismurphat
    jessismurphat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. My name is Jessi!~ My fiance and I just found out that we are expecting our first child. :D I couldnt be happier, except for the weight problem. I've been trying to loose weight for awhile Im 5'3'' and 190. im scared that Im going to gain too much weight with my pregnancy and i wont be able to get back down to a healthy size. Im already so uncomfortable because im close to double my fiances weight. That and the stress of this being my first pregnancy and wanting everything to be perfect.. Any thoughts on what i should do?