3 weeks Vacation - Need tips to stay on track

Options
Hello to all the amazing people here ... I need some help / motivation to stay with my diet and workout routine that I have set up through the 3 weeks vacation in July.
I am going to be out of town meeting my extended family and friends ! Some of them I am meeting after years ...
Although I am very excited about meeting everyone, that also means lot of parties and I am afraid all my diet and workout routine will go for a toss.
What would you recommend to help me keep doing at least some workout or maintain my daily count in check even when I am vacationing?

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    -Track everything.
    -Workout when you can.
    -Choose the healthier options when possible (fruit and veggie tray instead of chips and salsa, grilled proteins instead of fried, skip the bread if offered (bread isn't bad, but it can pack a calorie punch that adds up fast), load up on healthy prepared veggie sides instead of the unhealthier sides).
    -If possible, don't drink. Wine, beer, and mixed drinks can drain your calories and sometimes cause people to eat more than they normally would.
    -Don't be afraid to turn down food offered to you.
    -Unless you absolutely have to have something, pass on it. (If you take a bite of a cookie that is only so-so, don't feel pressured to finish it. If you take a bite of a super cheesy side, and it's only mediocre, don't finish your serving.)
  • samonmission
    samonmission Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    -Track everything.
    -Workout when you can.
    -Choose the healthier options when possible (fruit and veggie tray instead of chips and salsa, grilled proteins instead of fried, skip the bread if offered (bread isn't bad, but it can pack a calorie punch that adds up fast), load up on healthy prepared veggie sides instead of the unhealthier sides).
    -If possible, don't drink. Wine, beer, and mixed drinks can drain your calories and sometimes cause people to eat more than they normally would.
    -Don't be afraid to turn down food offered to you.
    -Unless you absolutely have to have something, pass on it. (If you take a bite of a cookie that is only so-so, don't feel pressured to finish it. If you take a bite of a super cheesy side, and it's only mediocre, don't finish your serving.)

Thanks I'll try to keep at it ! really worried though.. not sure about myself :(
  • Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if you work out routinely, but I go to the gym 3-5 times a week. When I am on vacation I try to go out for a run for 3-4 miles so I am still at least burning some calories. Eat healthy during the day and save your extra calories for the parties! Just keep doing some cardio to burn off those extra calories!