Diet pills, yay or nay?

Options
Decided to go to the doctor to get my blood count and see if i have a thyroid problem. I doubt that i do, but just to make sure would be nice. But the doctor is most likely going to try and prescribe me pills or shots. I'm iffy on all that and afraid i'll become dependent on them. So what is your opinions MFP?

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Decided to go to the doctor to get my blood count and see if i have a thyroid problem. I doubt that i do, but just to make sure would be nice. But the doctor is most likely going to try and prescribe me pills or shots. I'm iffy on all that and afraid i'll become dependent on them. So what is your opinions MFP?

Nay! for me. I am a career dieter and have tried nearly everthing otc and also from the doctor. Phen/Fen was the last straw. I have slight leakage in my heart valves from it. I count myself lucky it wasn't worse. Never again.
  • CommitSudoku
    CommitSudoku Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    More than enough to convince me not to take em. I wasn't really fond of the idea anyway, i dont like taking pills unless it's absolutely necessary. :P It's better to do it all natural probably anyway.
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I say NAY. nothing in this life comes free...unless there are some medical issues that truly requires the pills. There is enough help here to help you out. Use us for motivation.
  • kuteinfaync
    Options
    Yay for me! Xenadrine has been a huge help for me after each one of my pregnancies ( I have had four)! I just had a baby a few months ago and I'm plan to loose my weight asap. it gives me energy and controls my cravings! I only take half the dosage though!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Nay for me...I have tried several, a few with great success, for the weight loss, but well here I am again trying to lose weight...so not so great for the long term. I don't want a fast fix this time I want a lasting one.
  • CommitSudoku
    CommitSudoku Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yeah by the looks of it, i'll go with nay. Seems like the best way...atleast for me. I am going for 50 pounds, i'm trying to do this all by june though. I'll jus work harder!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Nope not into the pills or medical intervention.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You don't need pills to help you lose weight. Just learn to eat correctly and workout a little, and that can all be done for free.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    fooooood! :-D
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I say nay, unless it's something prescribed by your doctor. Good luck with your weight loss!!
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Nay