Advocare Help

Options
My husband and I are starting the 24 day challenge on Monday, and I've found a ton of great recipes and helpful tips while on each phase. My question is this: Currently, my husband's routine consists of waking up around 4:25 and hitting the gym from 5-6, shower, then eats around 7am. Since the products/breakfast are supposed to be taken earlier than he currently eats (as in before he would go to the gym), he would not be able to take them until after the gym, since he doesn't really want to eat breakfast at 4am! :) Any suggestions for him? Should he take the spark when he gets up and then eat breakfast at his normal time? What about the supplements he needs to take? When would he take those? Any help would be great!!! He thinks his only two options are to get everything going around 7am or skip the gym! thanks!! I haven't found any true "forums" for the products, other than the FB page they have, but I haven't gotten any help from that page.
Thanks!!! Jaci

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hi Jaci, welcome to the forums! :wink: Your best bet is to find an advocare group on these forums to get help for that question. Your responses on the general forum will be only half helpful, at best. The rest will be along the lines of "don't bother with it, only weight you'll be losing is the weight in your wallet".

If you go to "Groups", search "advocare" and you'll find a much better place to get an answer.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    The rest will be along the lines of "don't bother with it, only weight you'll be losing is the weight in your wallet".

Yes. This would be my answer.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    The rest will be along the lines of "don't bother with it, only weight you'll be losing is the weight in your wallet".

As would mine, only because it's true.

Somebody asking this many questions about it only tells me that people doing Advocare are making weight loss so much harder than it has to be.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

As would mine, only because it's true.

Somebody asking this many questions about it only tells me that people doing Advocare are making weight loss so much harder than it has to be.

Probably true. I've never done Advocare myself, I just know how it feels to be new to the forums and not knowing where to go.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are starting the 24 day challenge on Monday, and I've found a ton of great recipes and helpful tips while on each phase. My question is this: Currently, my husband's routine consists of waking up around 4:25 and hitting the gym from 5-6, shower, then eats around 7am. Since the products/breakfast are supposed to be taken earlier than he currently eats (as in before he would go to the gym), he would not be able to take them until after the gym, since he doesn't really want to eat breakfast at 4am! :) Any suggestions for him? Should he take the spark when he gets up and then eat breakfast at his normal time? What about the supplements he needs to take? When would he take those? Any help would be great!!! He thinks his only two options are to get everything going around 7am or skip the gym! thanks!! I haven't found any true "forums" for the products, other than the FB page they have, but I haven't gotten any help from that page.
    Thanks!!! Jaci

Welcome and congratulations on starting the challenge! I also recommend searching for an Advocare forum. Unfortunately, it's not all that active.

I finished the 24-day challenge a few weeks ago and have a few friends who currently sell the products. They're informative without being pushy - do you have a coach who will help you in answering your questions? Most Advocare coaches should be there to not only sell the products but help with your journey as well.

Personally, I can understand why people are critical of the program. it is costly and won't work for everyone; however, I had amazing results. I'm also the kind of person who does much better with a regimented program, so it fit my life well.

Feel free to add or message me with questions. As for the timing, in the Challenge-Box there should be a little informational document that helps with what to take and when. There are also some others around the internet.

Good luck!!!
  • nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Personal opinion: Take the spark right away before the gym, go to the gym, then come home and start worrying about breakfast. The first 3 days are the fiber drink, so do that when you get home, then do breakfast and carry on. I wouldn't worry about eating or taking anything but spark at 4am. Just start your day as normal and outlined in the packet as soon as you get home!
  • anewjaci
    anewjaci Posts: 3
    Options
    My brother-in-law is our coach-he and my sister-in-law both did it with amazing results and they have pretty similar lifestyles as us (as well as weight loss ups and downs). We got similar information from both our coach and the FB post I put (similar to what nicolemarie04 said). I too like a regimented and planned out weight loss plan. I did FMD back in October with mild results. Gained it all back and then some and also started WW two weeks ago. Luckily, it looks like a lot of the meals I've been making will work pretty well with the Advocare plan, so that's a huge plus! Certainly not looking for any kind of quick fix, I've tried so many in the past that were useless. If I didn't know anyone personally who had tried this, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even have given it a second thought. We are excited to try something new, and if it doesn't work, so be it.
    Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I really appreciate it.