Bariatric Surgery ANYONE??????

Options
I had the surgery April 31, 2010 and I have lost 88 lbs. Been at a stand still for about a month...I was wondering if anyone out there has had the surgery I can talk to about some questions or encouragement for me???? ANYONE???? I am feeling great and have had NO complications, things are going well!....just was wondering if anyone had any ideas...

Replies

• azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i havent had wls but i was curious what kind this was. I have never heard of it. Is it a wls?
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Congratulations on your weight loss!!

I had RNY surgery last December. I've been lucky as well with no complications. So are I've lost almost 120 pounds since my surgery. I did go through plateaus and weeks when I wouldn't lose...I even gained a couple of times!

Are you exercising regularly? When I started being more consistent with my workouts things got moving again. Be sure to mix up your workouts so you aren't doing the same thing everyday. Are you eating back some of your exercise calories? I try to eat a couple 100 of mine each day. Drinking plenty of fluids??
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your success so far!

Feel free to send me a friend request. I was banded in January of 2007. I've had some ups and downs myself and am now back on track and 20 lbs away from my goal weight.

Good luck to you!
  • sparkyspal
    sparkyspal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had bariatric surgery 4 years ago..lost 159 lbs but now I am slipping backward.. Need to get back on track..up 40 and hate it..
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I had it as well March 2006. Stalls are a given with this WOL. Are you using this site to track your meals? Are you eating foods with higher carbs? What is your calorie intake? Have you been to see your nutristionist or doctor to discuss this recent weight gain? We can give you suggestions but we need more info to really do that.