Active Level

Options
I am trying to figure out my daily activity level in the goal section. I'm a barista so I'm moving quickly and pacing around a lot. So I am thinking I am in the "Active" section but what does anyone else think? Any other baristas or maybe a bartender?

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    You could easily be lightly active or active. I have an office job and have mine set to lightly active, only cause I do a lot of cooking, cleaning, walking around stores and other stuff. So if you do more stuff outside of work and exercise or have kids that you look after, put active.
  • leslog86
    leslog86 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks. I do a bit outside of work also, like walking that I don't log, and any cleaning or the stairs i need to take at my apt. So I'll go "Active" and if i'm not losing any maybe i'll bump it down (or bump up the activity!!)
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You should get a pedometer, wear it to work, and see how much you're walking while you're there. That might give you a good idea. If you have an iPhone or Android phone, Striiv is a pretty good app, and it has the option of syncing with MFP so you don't have to worry about logging your exercise yourself.
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesman)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesman)

I am lightly active and have an office job, no kids to run around after since my son is 12. I do not count cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc. and I lose 1 pound a week.

OP I would start with active. If you are not seeing results than try lightly active. Its all trial and error though.