My double-choc protein balls

Options
peejaygee1
peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
I've been making these for a while, adapted from a recipe I found online somewhere. They are sooooo good! A girlfriend asked me for the recipe for these the other day, so I thought I'd post it here too.

Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup of canned unsalted kidney beans – drained and rinsed (I use Coles brand red kidney beans)
* 1/8 cup of cocoa powder (I use Cadbury Bournville Cocoa Powder)
* 1/4 cup of unflavoured protein powder (I used Nature’s Way Natural Protein Powder)
* 1/4 cup of light coconut milk (you can sub this with almond milk, but I use Ayam’s light coconut milk)
* 3 pitted dates (also from Coles)
*1/2 bar of dark chocolate (I use Nestle Plaistowe 70% Dark Cooking chocolate)

Directions

1. Blend kidney beans, dates and coconut milk until smooth. (This is important because you want to combine all the ingredients really well and demolish every single bean for texture reasons.)
2. Stir through cocoa powder and protein powder until well combined.
3. Once mix is smooth, divide it into five ball shapes.
4. Melt dark chocolate for 30-45 secs in the microwave.
5. Roll balls in melted chocolate and place on baking paper on biscuit tray.
6. Transfer to the fridge for a couple of hours or to the freezer for 30 minutes.
7. EAT, because they’re nommy.

Breakdown of macros per serve (i.e. 1 ball) from the ingredients I’ve used above (in brackets - I live in Australia):
Calories: 211
Carbs: 21g
Fat: 9g
Protein: 16g

I generally make up a triple batch of this as there are 1.5 cups of kidney beans per can.

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Your double chocolate balls full of protein look delicious!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    And LOOK at all that protein! WOW!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Nothing in there I dont love, will be giving them a go :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I just wish there were pics.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Of the balls? I wish I could see them too. They sound luscious!
  • peejaygee1
    Options
    Don't have any with me at the moment...but I will endeavour to take a pic this evening to post.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Don't have any with me at the moment...but I will endeavour to take a pic this evening to post.

Awesome! Make sure to take some in zoom. I want to see every detail of those balls. I want to feel like they are right there in front of me so close that I can smell them and inhale their heavenly fragrance. I can dream of popping each one into my mouth. Mmmm...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Oh my...
    dis-gon-b-gud.gif
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Of the balls? I wish I could see them too. They sound luscious!

if they're anything like schweddy balls, then they look like this...

schweddyballs.jpg
  • Claremoak
    Claremoak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump to try sounds good
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Great balls of fire!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Great balls of fire!

So far, I don't think they have anything spicy on them. Not even salty. I think they are completely sweet balls. I'm waiting for the pics to find out if they are sticky or smooth.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    Great balls of fire!

So far, I don't think they have anything spicy on them. Not even salty. I think they are completely sweet balls. I'm waiting for the pics to find out if they are sticky or smooth.

Beans with no spice? Let me be frank.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    bump to try sounds good

Doesn't it? I'll try to bump these balls again. We can double team.
  • peejaygee1
    Options
    Wow - who knew chocolate balls would get you all so worked up!!! lol And no, they're definitely not chocolate salty balls, or spicy balls, or even schweddy balls...LMAO

I'm sorry, but you're all going to be waiting a bit...lol...I don't get home for like 8 more hours!

They look pretty much like this:
    protein-egg-2.jpg

They're smooth, not sticky...Enjoy the balls!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Great balls of fire!

Beans with no spice? Let me be frank.

Please. Please do. I'd like to know everything I can that can make these balls the best they can be.
  • beardedwarriortx
    beardedwarriortx Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I gotta stop drinking and getting on here.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Wow - who knew chocolate balls would get you all so worked up!!! lol And no, they're definitely not chocolate salty balls, or spicy balls, or even schweddy balls...LMAO

I'm sorry, but you're all going to be waiting a bit...lol...I don't get home for like 8 more hours!

protein-egg-2.jpg

Oh damn, unfortunately since you took a pic too far from your balls with those two chicks, I can't get an idea on the size of them. I'm very curious to know how big those balls are?
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

protein-egg-2.jpg

Oh damn, unfortunately since you took a pic too far from your balls with those two chicks, I can't get an idea on the size of them. I'm very curious to know how big those balls are?

Those chicks also seem very curious.

The balls look tasty? OP, is it best to warm them in your hands before you pop them in your mouth?
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    I'm upper, upper class high society
    God's gift to ballroom notoriety
    And I always fill my ballroom
    The event is never small