Breakfast...

Options
I am not a morning person and I never have eaten breakfast wake up to early to think about it but now I want to implement it because I was told it is very important for a diet well period but yeah I don't know exactly how to go about what to eat....

Replies

• JuliaMarie85
    JuliaMarie85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not a morning person either so I find it easier to keep breakfast simple. Things that require little to no cooking time. I usually eat 2 hard boiled eggs and some type of fruit. Another option would be to mix fruit in with cottage cheese.
  • meyowtime
    meyowtime Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been having some luck with just drinking a Boost supplement as breakfast. It takes no planning, thought or time. Just grab and go.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    This sounds nasty but its amazing, simple, and fast.
    1/2 cup cerial
    1 yogurt
    1/2 cup fruit ...I use fruit cocktail or canned fruit in water...
    Stir all together. Its like a parfait and easy on the calories
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person and I never have eaten breakfast wake up to early to think about it but now I want to implement it because I was told it is very important for a diet well period but yeah I don't know exactly how to go about what to eat....

The people telling you its very important, are the ones trying to sell you a box of cereal. Its marketing.

If you're not hungry in the morning, save your calories for when you are. Meal timing is not relevant to weight loss. A caloric deficit is.
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am totally not a morning person and find that 10:30ish is the time I feel like I want to have something so I make that my snack. It is usually something I can grab and go. Do what your body tells you to do.
  • meluhneekay
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't eat. There are plenty of people on this site who don't eat breakfast and they still manage to meet their goals.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    breakfast is not important. it's also not not important. if you wake up not hungry, don't eat. when i work, i usually don't eat until 4-5 hours after waking up (not counting coffee).

if i wake up early for a run or a bike ride, i'll usually have a banana or something, more so that i don't get all shaky at the end of my work out.
  • tattooedillini26
    tattooedillini26 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Special K makes really delicious breakfast flatbread sandwiches...I love them and they are so easy to pop in the microwave on busy mornings!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

The people telling you its very important, are the ones trying to sell you a box of cereal. Its marketing.

If you're not hungry in the morning, save your calories for when you are. Meal timing is not relevant to weight loss. A caloric deficit is.

Yupp...
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Non breakfast eater here. I get up at 5 am and eat lunch at noon. about 600 calories. I prefer a huuuuge dinner of about 1500 calories right before bed. I eat those from 6 pm thru 10 pm.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Lyle McDonald has some great information on it here:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/meal-frequency-and-energy-balance-research-review.html

The take home from Lyle's article, in terms of practicality and application, would probably be this quote, this is Lyle here:

* If eating more frequently makes it easier to control/reduce calories, it will help you to lose weight/fat.
    * If eating more frequently makes it harder to control/reduce calories, or makes you eat more, you will gain weight.
    * If eating less frequently makes it harder for you to control/reduce calories (because you get hungry and binge), it will hurt your efforts to lose weight/fat.
    * If eating less frequently makes it easier for you to control/reduce calories (for any number of reasons), then that will help your efforts to lose weight/fat

Or in other words, personal preference.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    0% Fat cottage cheese and your favorite yogurt is one of my Favs. Just watch the high sodium.
  • Crimsonbutterfly74
    Crimsonbutterfly74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I mix my breakfast up: oatmeal, egg whites (boiled or scrambled), turkey bacon, fruit, yogurt, toast.... I will have a variety of combinations during the week. I love tea or hot water and lemons.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person and a breakfast eater. On the other hand, I'm not someone who likes to eat little meals all day long because I don't like to think about food all the time. Everyone is different. Do what's best for you.

P.S I have trouble with lunch.
  • ladycerdan
    Options
    Excellent advice. I love fruit in my cottage cheese. Its simple to carry with you and will keep you full well into the lunch time hour. This is my go to breakfast as well. In addition, I pre make my breakfast at night, which consists of: scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. can;t go wrong with this either.
  • ladycerdan
    Options
    try making your breakfast the night before. something simple like, scrambled eggs and turkey bacon.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    The only studies I've seen which support breakfast as important were geared toward people with metabolic syndrome. If you don't have metabolic syndrome, then no worries. Eat when you're hungry. There's a growing body of evidence to support intermittent fasting, which means fasting through part of the day and eating your daily calories closer together...like if you skip breakfast and basically just eat lunch and dinner, and even some snacks in between, so that your calories are all consumed within, for example, 8 hours.

I usually don't eat breakfast. I've found that when I skip or delay breakfast, I have a much higher level of satiety after lunch and dinner, and I don't need to snack as much. It's easier to stick to my goal just by skipping breakfast.

Some people are the opposite, and find that if they skip breakfast, they're ravenous by lunch and it sets them up for overeating the whole day.

Do whichever works for you.
  • ladycerdan
    Options
    Hi, what is the carb content in a boost? This is a real good idea.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Lyle McDonald has some great information on it here:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/meal-frequency-and-energy-balance-research-review.html

The take home from Lyle's article, in terms of practicality and application, would probably be this quote, this is Lyle here:

* If eating more frequently makes it easier to control/reduce calories, it will help you to lose weight/fat.
    * If eating more frequently makes it harder to control/reduce calories, or makes you eat more, you will gain weight.
    * If eating less frequently makes it harder for you to control/reduce calories (because you get hungry and binge), it will hurt your efforts to lose weight/fat.
    * If eating less frequently makes it easier for you to control/reduce calories (for any number of reasons), then that will help your efforts to lose weight/fat

Or in other words, personal preference.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol

^wonderful advice
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Ask Jassibear