H2 Oh, not again

Options
meyowtime
meyowtime Posts: 42 Member
I've been trying very hard to increase my water intake over the past month, but this has been the biggest struggle for me so far. I feel like I'm forcing it even when I'm just drinking 48 oz of water a day. I've tried adding mint or vitamins or lemon juice to mix things up. I just feel gross when I drink a lot of water and hate having to pee all the time. Maybe I've just been really neglecting my water intake for too long, but it feels so odd to me.

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Tea, coffee, soda, fruit and anything with H2O in it will contribute to your hydration. It doesn't have to be straight water. Your body uses the water from an orange the same metabolically as it does from a glass. Don't keep drinking if it's making you feel uncomfortable.
  • meyowtime
    Options
    Good point about oranges. I may need to look into some snacks like fruit with lots of water content. I do drink a cup or two of coffee a day, but I somehow remember caffeine as negating some hydration. Might be wrong on that one though.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Good point about oranges. I may need to look into some snacks like fruit with lots of water content. I do drink a cup or two of coffee a day, but I somehow remember caffeine as negating some hydration. Might be wrong on that one though.

The dehydrating effects are overstated. Look at it this way, if you drink 8oz of coffee, the caffeine will cause .5 oz of water loss. You are still ahead by 7.5oz. In actuality, it doesn't even cause that great of a loss. Have no fears in counting that coffee.
  • meyowtime
    Options
    Cool, didn't know that. Coffee and I are way better friends than plain water and I. :-)