Help me plan how to go about this all?

Options
So I'm trying to put together a good plan for my weight loss, and aren't too worried about my muscle build up in the process, and was wondering if my plan sounded too insane and wanted some guidance and tips.

My original plan was to hit 2400 calories with a 40/40/20 split in protein, carbohydrates, and fat. Of course, this had to be shifted around due to my lean body mass being somewhere around the 188-200 area.

I had recently read that males, GENERALLY, require 1500 calories to sustain themselves. So, after looking deeper and switching some numbers around, I'm sitting on a 1500 calorie diet with a 50/40/10 split in protein/carbohydrates/fats. I'm not too concerned with eating an abundance of fat and can, as far as how I feel goes, live without it (not sure about literally living without it, because I'm not the best with this stuff).

I'd be looking at 150 grams of carbohydrates, which I will get most of through leafy green vegetables and fill out with complex carb breads and grains; 188 grams of protein, which sits in a good spot for my LBM; and 17 grams of fat

I am in fact perfectly fine with this being a life style I grow accustomed to, as I would "apparently" be hitting the right amount of calories for sustainability, but I wanted to look to you all for some advice, tips, recommendations, etc.

I currently weigh 315 lbs, am 6'2 in height, 19 years old, male, and currently am looking at a weight loss goal of 50 lbs, putting me at 265 lbs, by December this year.

Can I do it? Am I going to be alright doing this?

(Note: I'm not doing this yet, I wouldn't start without reassurance first.)

Also, I must add that I plan to, and already am, working out for an hour a day, six days a week, with it being half cardio and half strength. This will of course increase in length as I continue, and the intensity in the workouts will increase as well. I felt this might be important.

Replies

• Triplesget
    Triplesget Posts: 66
    Options
    Bumpin'
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    you're trying way too hard, and you are setting yourself up for failure.

Spend a week just HONESTLY AND ACCURATELY logging what you currently eat. Then next week just cut back the portions a bit to generate a calorie deficit. As time goes on you'll start noticing which foods you eat are loaded with calories but don't make you feel full. You'll start eating less of them and more of the stuff that actually satisfies you without destroying your calorie budget.

And go for a walk.

That is all it takes. No magic. No plan. No weird macro splits to optimize fat burning.

Eat less, move more.
  • matthehat
    matthehat Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you want to stay at 265 then I guess this will work (sarcasm). Your starting too low! I started at 345, was eating 2400 calories a day. I have gotten down to 270 and have lowered my calories to 1800. If you start to low eventually you will hit a wall and have to lower your calories more (anything below 1500 would be dangerously low for you). Trust me man, start out at whatever MFP tells you to and gradually cut down. It takes longer, true, but its healthy and sustainable!