Can I do two workouts a day. Help?

Options
Hi everyone! I was wondering if it would be a good idea to do two workouts a day

Let's say doing Tae Bo cardio explosion in the morning & Jillian michael's 30 day shred sometime between 5-7pm

Does that seem good or no? Thanks for your help in advance

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    It's fine. This is an excellent recommendation for people who want to do a certain duration but can't fit it in all at once
  • OffKilter5150
    OffKilter5150 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I circumstantially do twice daily workouts a couple days a week. I workout at the gym about 4x/ week and have roller derby practice 4-6 hours/week. I've never felt better! So, yes! If you feel good, do it! If you're finding yourself overly sore and tired, take a break.
  • lovelyryah401
    Options
    Thank you to the both of you!
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I run in the morning after work and do les mills combat before dinner.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was wondering if it would be a good idea to do two workouts a day

Let's say doing Tae Bo cardio explosion in the morning & Jillian michael's 30 day shred sometime between 5-7pm

Here are my thoughts.

Over the years I have lifted twice a day. But not the same body parts. You really need to let your body answer this question. If you are using the same muscles in both workouts, and you are sore after your first workout, I suggest resting. If not, I advise taking extra time to stretch and warm up before you start you second session.

All the best...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    allow a R&R in between and you are fine from there.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    In theory there's nothing wrong with doing two sessions a day. What's your current fitness level and exercise routine. While I understand the desire to go all out and do as much as possible, if you push yourself to do too much too soon then you might end up sidelined with an injury.

Rest and recovery are an immportant part of any good fitness routine, don't neglect them or you'll pay the price
  • lovelyryah401
    Options
    Thank you everybody. I won't push myself too hard
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I swam twice a day and loved the routine.
  • Marlena0708
    Marlena0708 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Tae Bo and 30 day shred are both essentially cardio workouts, right? If so, twice a day should be fine. When you start strength training (which you should and probably sooner than later) then you'd only want to strength train the same muscle group every other day.