Weight loss and supplements

lehuagirl
lehuagirl Posts: 40 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Other than good vitamins, is there really anything that is good for you that can help us make some extra progress in weight loss? I know, of course, there is no magic bullet. I have been trying some ADVOCARE products as a barter with a client of mine, and even he is puzzled by my lack of weight loss. Alas. I never wanted to be the exception in this area.... As always I am sure it comes down to exercise and a healthy diet. That's the miracle combination.

Replies

• Other than good vitamins, is there really anything that is good for you that can help us make some extra progress in weight loss? I know, of course, there is no magic bullet. I have been trying some ADVOCARE products as a barter with a client of mine, and even he is puzzled by my lack of weight loss. Alas. I never wanted to be the exception in this area.... As always I am sure it comes down to exercise and a healthy diet. That's the miracle combination.
    I take Green Tea supplements everday and I believe it has helped accelerate my weight loss with proper exercise and diet. I bought it at Walmart, it's called Green Tea Mega T
  • I haven't done much research, but I can tell you that this week I started putting a little bit of protein powder into my breakfast oatmeal, just a little as we're low, and drinking a cup of green tea a day, and the weight is dropping quicker than it has until this point, and I feel really, really good- about myself, and my energy levels. It's a pretty small change, but it might be worth a shot.
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Other than good vitamins, is there really anything that is good for you that can help us make some extra progress in weight loss? I know, of course, there is no magic bullet. I have been trying some ADVOCARE products as a barter with a client of mine, and even he is puzzled by my lack of weight loss. Alas. I never wanted to be the exception in this area.... As always I am sure it comes down to exercise and a healthy diet. That's the miracle combination.

Nope. Everything else is just a waste of money. Diet and exercise is all you need. I track everything I eat and work out daily. I always weigh my food with a digital scale and try to be conservative on how many calories I have burned through exercise. I try to eat healthy foods. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains. I limit my sodium and my simple sugar intake.

Good Luck.
  • you might be losing muscle along with fat. I use the Advocare's Catalyst to prevent that and have lost 13 additional pounds in the last month. I love to do strength training every other day and cardio on all 5 days, even the ones with my strength training. Maybe start double checking the calories and serving sizes of what you are eating. I was suprised on the serving sizes. At 1st I wasn't eating enough calories (of course this is the opposite of what I always thought) and then when I fixed that it started to happen fast. Just keep it up and exericise, maybe use a heart rate monitor to make sure you are in fat burning mode. It does make a difference. Keep up with the Advocare too. The products do work.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    Taking a whey protein before I work out has really helped me with weigh-loss in the past. I was shocked because I had always assumed protein was to gain weight, but what it does is feed your muscles so they burn more fat.
  • Other than good vitamins, is there really anything that is good for you that can help us make some extra progress in weight loss? I know, of course, there is no magic bullet. I have been trying some ADVOCARE products as a barter with a client of mine, and even he is puzzled by my lack of weight loss. Alas. I never wanted to be the exception in this area.... As always I am sure it comes down to exercise and a healthy diet. That's the miracle combination.

Nope. Everything else is just a waste of money. Diet and exercise is all you need. I track everything I eat and work out daily. I always weigh my food with a digital scale and try to be conservative on how many calories I have burned through exercise. I try to eat healthy foods. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains. I limit my sodium and my simple sugar intake.

Good Luck.

Well said:drinker:
  • lehuagirl
    What kind of protein powder do you like, and where do you get it?
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    The only thing I really take is called "Stress Ease". Its really just a vitamin B supplement. Stress has always been something I can't escape and its really hard on my body. So in a way this helps me, since stress for alot of people inhibits weight loss.
  • lehuagirl
    Wow. I was just checking on my topics and glanced at your 184, thinking "weight" and realized it was "weight lost!!!!!!!!!" Congrats!
  • I have to disagree with the waste of money I have been using AdvoCare products since this summer my husband and I have lost 16lbs each NO excercise to this point (not everyone will do that)
    I have to say if I get lax on taking it I can tell AdvoCare is a weightloss suppplement The vitamins and minerals it gives your body is fantastic also have to say I stopped using some of the products and was scared as to gaining weight back but didnt it taught me to eat better
    I have seen that not everyone is the same and needs a different aray of products the same plan dont work for everyone so to the one that it wasnt working I am sure there is some thing that can change that....
This discussion has been closed.