Hello - Need some accountability partners

Options
I finally decided after looking at some pictures from my daughter's college graduation this week it was time to lose weight, again. I'm 52 years old , retired military and work out 5 days a week at the "Y" alternating my workout routines between cardio and strength training. I am a lifetime member of Weight Watcher's and did really well for 7 years until I thought I no longer needed to weigh in. I stopped going 5 years ago and the weight gain has gradually returned even though I exercise faithfully. I've been under alot of stress the past 2 years and I'm sure that hasn't helped. On top of that going through menopause isn't any fun either. I need some accountability partners to keep me on track and provide the motivation to do this. My goal is to lose 38 pounds and be at the weight I was for years prior to military retirement and during my WW days. Help!

Replies

• wineformary
    Options
    Hi, I am 58 years old and need to lose about 50 pounds altogether. My daughter too just graduated from college! Congrats to us!
    My pics not so pretty either LOL
    If you read my profile, you will see the strategy I am using. The weight is coming off slow, but I am down about 16lbs since I started tracking on here. Total of about 20, so still need to lose another 30. Yes menopause doesn't make it easy.
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I finally decided after looking at some pictures from my daughter's college graduation this week it was time to lose weight, again. I'm 52 years old , retired military and work out 5 days a week at the "Y" alternating my workout routines between cardio and strength training. I am a lifetime member of Weight Watcher's and did really well for 7 years until I thought I no longer needed to weigh in. I stopped going 5 years ago and the weight gain has gradually returned even though I exercise faithfully. I've been under alot of stress the past 2 years and I'm sure that hasn't helped. On top of that going through menopause isn't any fun either. I need some accountability partners to keep me on track and provide the motivation to do this. My goal is to lose 38 pounds and be at the weight I was for years prior to military retirement and during my WW days. Help!

****** I have the stress part down, the menonpause, the age thing is close and of course I'm out of shape. I don't have the time to work out as much as you but you can add me if you want a support person. As for accountability, you may need to find that inside of you. Somehow, I have a hard time with that myself. I can say, "That a Girl, once and awhile. MFP works if you use it. I find it entertaining and fun to use. :drinker: **********