Calorie count

Options
2»

Replies

• jessy8787
    jessy8787 Posts: 22
    Options
    What is BMR???
    Basal Metabolic Rate: the caloric baseline your body needs in order to maintain functions.

TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure/ caloric expenditure after activity (whether 'deliberate exercise' or the activity of life, like walking around the workplace).

Okay this eating health is a total mine field
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    so, you're 5'9" 235?

you're eating like a 4'10, 110 lb girl trying to lose 5 pounds.

Your BMR is 1800-ish.

This means your body NEEDS that many calories to SURVIVE even if you were in a coma.

I suggest raising your goal to 1800 and aiming to REACH it by eating healthy foods.

Do this for 3 weeks CONSISTENTLY before deciding if it IS or ISN'T working. You may gain a pound or 2 in the interim and that is normal from water weight. Around the 3 week mark you should start to consistently lose a pound a week.

You have to eat 2300 or more a day to gain weight. You won't gain actual weight eating 1800, don't worry, any fluctuations on the scale is just water retention from the added calories, it will even out.

Or yeah - what they said ^^ ;)

Do this, and look in the search box on here for a post called "on the road to my sexy pants" and look on ScoobyDoo (google) and calculate your BMR and your TDEE and eat enough. Low calorie diets don't work, I have been on one for years. And really it won't work and is not sustainable. Eat food. Eat mostly healthy food. Go for a walk and stick with it.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

and all the links this link links you to.

Then read them all again, slowly. There's a lot to absorb there. Then come ask specific questions if you have any and we would be happy to help!

:)
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hope all this helped you!! Let us know if you have questions and good luck - you can do this! :)

1200/day "Diets" don't work and they aren't sustainable. This is your new you, your new life....eat to sustain your body!