Get your butt out of bed.

Options
13»

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I will not. I prefer lunch and evening workouts thank you.
  • MFPMol
    MFPMol Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    11 PM: "Yeah I'm gonna do this YEAH! I'm gonna wake up early and get my day going the right way!"

6 AM: "Nope."

Hahaha exactly!
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    im good in failing here :(( sooo thank you :) new try haha
  • MFPMol
    Options
    I go to the gym at 4 am.

Here are my tips:

1. Coffee.

Oh wow, I missed one of the most important ones :) I have learned I have to drink my coffee AFTER my morning workouts because of the stimulant effects.... ;)
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I agree with this and your list is fabulous! I get up at 5:00 AM every morning to do my daily walk. After I'm done, I always feel great and that I've gotten my exercise in for the day...but the beauty of it is, if I do any other activities or exercising for the day, it's an added plus! I know that everyone is not a "morning person", I just happen to be and I would much rather do it in the morning than work all day and then have to exercise.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Awesome list! I don't really feel like waking up at 3am just to work out though, I already get up at 4am to go to work. :P

Same with me!! And I already have a hard enough time getting enough sleep so I just schedule it in for after work. I do workout early in the morning on weekends though, partially due to having plans later and mostly because I wake up out of habit anyway
  • MFPMol
    Options
    Awesome list! I don't really feel like waking up at 3am just to work out though, I already get up at 4am to go to work. :P

Same with me!! And I already have a hard enough time getting enough sleep so I just schedule it in for after work. I do workout early in the morning on weekends though, partially due to having plans later and mostly because I wake up out of habit anyway

If I got up at 3am for work I wouldn't even THINK about working out before, I'm assuming you have plenty of time in the afternoons to get your workout in unless you are working really long days :)
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    No thanks. I prefer to workout at night.
  • VaporeonSugar
    VaporeonSugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Haha, I don't really think about workouts in general. I do workout after work though if I have time, but it's usually something I forget about or try to sneak a little in on weekends. I walk to and from work though, so I get a little exercise that way.

@MFPMol: I only work till 1pm latest in general, but I'm so tired afterwards and usually have so many other things to do that I'm not able to sit down and stop moving until 6pm. At which time I then have to make dinner for everyone, so yeah... Since everyone is out of the apartment for the summer though, I do have a little less to do. I only get about 4 hours of sleep though so exercise is my least favorite thing. :)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym at 4 am.

Here are my tips:

1. Coffee.
    Nice.
  • hisqtangel
    hisqtangel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is a great list! I have a friend that I meet for a 5:30 a.m dance fitness class, we love it and feel awesome afterwards. We used to text to let the other one know we aren't going to make it, if we had to miss or just had a rough night, but we have stopped doing that so that it doesn't convince the other one to go back to bed! LOL
  • jpore
    jpore Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have just started getting up early to go to the gym. Not crazy early, but 6:30am early.

I definitely prefer to go in the afternoon, but my work schedule has become unpredictable and I have been missing too many workouts!

I have noticed some awesome benefits to getting up early . . . .
    1. No more missed workouts
    2. there is no one in the gym! I feel like the queen of the free weights section!
    3. I am now on a first name basis with the girl that works the desk in the mornings at the gym.
    4 I have more time in the evenings to spend with my fiance!
    5. I can feel my metabolism cranking all day.
    6. I have been sleeping better than ever!

anyone have benefits to add?
  • MFPMol
    Options
    I have just started getting up early to go to the gym. Not crazy early, but 6:30am early.

I definitely prefer to go in the afternoon, but my work schedule has become unpredictable and I have been missing too many workouts!

I have noticed some awesome benefits to getting up early . . . .
    1. No more missed workouts
    2. there is no one in the gym! I feel like the queen of the free weights section!
    3. I am now on a first name basis with the girl that works the desk in the mornings at the gym.
    4 I have more time in the evenings to spend with my fiance!
    5. I can feel my metabolism cranking all day.
    6. I have been sleeping better than ever!

anyone have benefits to add?

WAY more energy in the morning! I woke up at 5 this morning and got a 3.5 mile run in :) Plus I HATE having to shower twice a day when I go after work!
  • tchave01
    tchave01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great post! I have to leave the house by 5am and usually get home at 3:30pm M, W, F (5:30 pm on T & R) but don't find the time for an evening work out.

So I really need these inspirations to get up even earlier and start ~some~ type of exercise...just to get in the habit. I've learned that my fat burning is most effective w/ the first thing in the am work out...no more excuses! My plan for tomorrow is to run around my neighborhood as fast as I possibly can for 10 minutes.

Love the idea of sleeping in your exercise clothes the best.