Breasts

Options
Hi everyone, I am new here :)

My problem is that I have big breasts and they really hurt when I exercise. I've tried plenty of sports bra, started with the cheap ones, ended up spending a lot of money and none of them give me support. I wear a normal bra+ sports bra and they still jump up and down a lot. It concerns me because it hurts plus I've heard they can get saggy because of it (I will damage some things that keep them up). When I run or jump I have to hold them and besides looking ridiculous at the gym it's not really comfortable.

Apart of the fact they can be annoying at times I really love them and I'm scared to lose them so I can't really be on diet because they might get smaller... So all I do to lose weight is exercising. Therefore I'd be happy if you could help me find a solution.

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add, except maybe try a form of exercise that isn't so high impact?

A good weightlifting routine would probably be a) fabulous exercise; and b) kind on the old girls....
  • AlexCosma
    AlexCosma Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1. Try swimming!

2. If your body type is busty, then the loss will not be significant there (coming from someone with the same body type). Also, gaining weight back is always easy, if you're unhappy with shrinkage.
  • Justwatchmerun
    Justwatchmerun Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've got very large breasts but do a lot of exercise, it's a real pain! But I've also found that a normal bra and sports bra doesn't work, I need to use two sports bras at the same time and make sure they're really tight fitting :)
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    If going on a diet will make them smaller why won't exercise make them smaller?
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to help.... I would suggest trying something like YOGA that doesn't stress the body so much but still has strength and cardio aspects included
  • Zohar94
    Zohar94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Same problem!!
    I just avoid all the sports that include jumping/running etc.
    so i go cycle or zumba or kickboxing, but not running and all kind of weird workouts with a lot of jumping. no ballsports too :(
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    Options
    From a fellow big boobed girl wear 2 sports bras, good ones not the kind from target, but a legitimate heavy duty one. It will be expensive but worth every penny.

Lift weights not because it will be kinder on them but because the effect lifting has on them is amazing!
  • upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    Options
    My breasts are smaller that's my problem :grumble: i don't know the solution.

I will suggest you if you can follow a cardio exercise along with the dumbbells then it may help you.Try free hand workout , lunges walk , squats etc along with the dumbbells. It will burn lots of calories and jumping is not required.
  • ameryati
    ameryati Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Why not try Panache Sports Bras. They offer really good support. Ever since I started using them I haven't had problems and I do a lot of skipping and jogging. Been using them for about 2 years now.
  • elenmirie
    elenmirie Posts: 1
    Options
    Me too, honey! My advice would be to get a sports bra specifically made for busty women - I use Juno but there are others out there. Many bras seem to be designed by men who just don't get it!!! ;) And don't let it wear out - replace frequently. Expensive, but if you're going to do med/high impact it's essential!
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Well, there is the obvious - breast reduction surgery. If medically needed - to allevite pain, spinal issues - might be covered by your medical insurance. We expect my older daughter will have that surgery in the future (I thought she was a 32 GGG but wife said nope - her cup size is bigger than that).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    From a fellow big boobed girl wear 2 sports bras, good ones not the kind from target, but a legitimate heavy duty one. It will be expensive but worth every penny.

Lift weights not because it will be kinder on them but because the effect lifting has on them is amazing!
    Lots of females in my gym who are large breasted do the double sports bra thing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. I run and wear 2 sports bras and it really does help!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Try two sports bras
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hooray for boobies :-)
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Normal, correctly fitting bra with underwire + 2 sports bras

Or Buy sports bras that are labeled for high impact workouts or use 2-3 of the ones for low or medium impact. Layer as needed.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Mine are hyoooge as well but I just stick to low impact (i.e., NO JUMPING) exercise. I've always hated running anyway. You can exercise at a high intensity without having high impact!

1. 2X per week: swimming intervals
    2. 2X per week: resistance cardio w/ kettlebell (okay, there's some bounce with this, but it's not extreme)
    3. 2X per week: strength training
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add, except maybe try a form of exercise that isn't so high impact?

A good weightlifting routine would probably be a) fabulous exercise; and b) kind on the old girls....

Do this.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I like the Old Navy sports bras, they strap those girls in quite nicely. I also do weight training and yoga so I'm not holding my boobs constantly.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new here :)

My problem is that I have big breasts and they really hurt when I exercise. I've tried plenty of sports bra, started with the cheap ones, ended up spending a lot of money and none of them give me support. I wear a normal bra+ sports bra and they still jump up and down a lot. It concerns me because it hurts plus I've heard they can get saggy because of it (I will damage some things that keep them up). When I run or jump I have to hold them and besides looking ridiculous at the gym it's not really comfortable.

Apart of the fact they can be annoying at times I really love them and I'm scared to lose them so I can't really be on diet because they might get smaller... So all I do to lose weight is exercising. Therefore I'd be happy if you could help me find a solution.

If you lose fat by any means - exercise or diet - your breasts may get smaller. Or not. It all depends on how your body stores fat and whether or not your breasts are primarily mammary tissue (in which case, only surgery will reduce them to any real degree).