Fondly remember foods you don't like anymore

Options

Replies

• RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Reese's peanut butter cups. :frown:

Please hand in your MFP badge and get out.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Fast food cheeseburgers. I'm kind of sad that I don't like them anymore because they used to be a reward for me, like when I'd get an A on a difficult examination or something like that. (I always knew better than to eat them like they were an acceptable part of a good diet.)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    LOL, no...I like all the foodz.

This is usually an issue for people who have difficulty looking at their diet as a whole and conceptually can't understand how they could be healthy and rock their nutrition and what not while still enjoying a slice of pizza or a candy or ice cream or whatever. It kinda comes with the whole "good" food/"bad" food labeling thing.

ETA: I guess I could throw fast food in there...not that I don't like it anymore, but it pretty much goes right through me and I have to drop a deuce about 10 minutes after a Big Mac or something.
  • skyeny
    skyeny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all the food I try to avoid now tastes better in my memory)) Including, pizza, cheesecake, ice cream, etc.... It's not a no-no food for me, but when I crave it, I imagine how good it tastes, then I take a bite and almost 100% of the time I get disappointed. I still like the taste though, it's just not as good as my brain remembers it ) I'm pretty sure that if I start eating like I used to, my brain and taste buds will catch up very fast.
    Foods I don't like anymore (that I used to like when I was a kid): red caviar, salo (cured slabs of fatback), raw onion.
  • adgarry2014
    adgarry2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    McDonald Big Mac and/or Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese. Went months of not eating a McDonalds burger and then the last time I gave in and ate one it was not near as good as I remembered. After eating it, I also noticed a goo like film that was left over the roof of my mouth. NEVER. AGAIN.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    This isn't a food I liked before MFP (I don't even think it existed yet), but one I was obsessed with the entire week of healing after getting my wisdom teeth removed: So Delicious' Vanilla Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt.
    I loved it. It was the highlight of my day at the time. I remember finishing container after container of that stuff.
    So I bought some yesterday.
    IT WAS DISGUSTING.
    Tasted very artificial and had a very unpleasant chemical taste to it. Yuck! I wonder if pain medication can alter your taste buds, because I don't know HOW I ate this stuff! xP
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Reese's peanut butter cups. :frown:

The only candy I ever loved. I made myself read the nutritional info and decided to give them up forever. Then on Mother's Day I actually got SIX bags of PB cups from family members. I was like to freak out on the spot!!! I tossed a bag at each of my four kids, my nephew and the last bag to my Mom. Then said thank you to everyone for the thoughts and please don't ever do that again!!!!!
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    For me it is McDonald's. When I was big, my go to meal was a McDouble w/fries and chicken nuggets. I hadn't had them in two years and thought, let try it. I just don't think I ever really tasted them before. I think it was just habit to eat them. They were very nasty tasting to me and I threw them out. Waste of money.
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I don't have the problem of not liking certain foods anymore, but there are some things I just can't eat.

One of my go-to lunches at work used to be a chicken cheesesteak from the food cart out front. I would get it at least once a week. But the last two times I got it- after more than a month not going near the cart- I had horrible stomach pains. The first time I thought it was a fluke, but the second time I knew it had to be that my stomach wasn't able to process it anymore.

Such a shame, because it still tastes amazing to me :cry:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    nope.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    This has not happened to me at all. I still luh all the things that made me fat - just eat much less of it.

^yup.
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Nope.. I'm down 70 lbs so far (LOTS more to go), but I still like every thing that I liked before. I just eat less of it, and don't have the urge to overeat as much as I did before.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    This is usually an issue for people who have difficulty looking at their diet as a whole and conceptually can't understand how they could be healthy and rock their nutrition and what not while still enjoying a slice of pizza or a candy or ice cream or whatever. It kinda comes with the whole "good" food/"bad" food labeling thing.

Why would labeling food make it suddenly not taste good? That would certainly making losing weight a lot easier if it were true though.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Every time I go more than a month without any junk food at all, it tastes funny when I first bite into it again. Why I don't stop right there, spit it out, and walk away is beyond me. Maybe the brain buzz?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    LOL, no...I like all the foodz.

I dunno. I posted earlier, and named things that don't taste good to me now, but I liked in the past. However there is also a huge list of "bad for you" and "evil" foods that I still totally love, and fit into my weeks or months just fine. Some of them I even like more than I did before...Burger King original chicken sandwiches, Steak & Shake burgers, Wendy's chicken nuggets, and DQ Blizzards (mini size now, but I eat them about once a month and think they're awesome).
  • christina2012
    Options
    One of the biggest thing for me has been slurpees ... loved them had at least one a day for many years - husband bought me a little one about a month ago - can we say SUGAR!!! super sweet, sickly sweet actually and it was just blah - my stomach responded instantly --- my husband was rather happy to finish it off for me though :)

and another one, not so much because I don't like the way it tastes is chinese food and ichiban noodles - still love it, still love the taste, but my body cannot handle it and i break out into hives instantly - mid meal even, I am thinking it has to do with a reaction to the MSG ... but at this time I am just guessing
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yes, my kid claims this is because the food quality has suffered since the past. He claims he learned about this in college.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Twinkies. I had a Twinkie a few years ago and it was awful, but they were such a treat when I was a kid.

Pop. I'll still have it once in a while but I don't like it the way I did 20 years ago.

Nothing recent though. Everything I liked five years ago I still like.
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I used to love bk, now I can't even finish a sandwich. I feel like vomiting halfway through. Still like their fries and onion rings though!
    whopper_sacrifice_facebook.png
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Pasta, French fries, breaded foods, potato chips, Cheetos, nachos, anything fried in oil.
    And rich things, especially hollandaise sauce, Eggs Benedict.
    I eat pasta still maybe twice a month but very little.
    I still like all of the above but makes me feel terrible when I eat them.