Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Has anyone tried this method for weight loss?

A moderate caloric deficit and occasional (optional) exercise.

Now, I know it sounds crazy, but hear me out. I've done the stuff we all know works - raspberry ketones, juicing, cleanses, starvation, all fruit diet, no fruit diet, cocaine, speed, Special K Diet, rice cake diet, soup diet, etc. I've lost a few pounds, but nothing to write home about.

Then I hear about this new craze in the weight-loss community: eating less calories than your body is burning throughout the day by keeping track of what you eat. Apparently there's some "science" behind it and people swear it really works. And get this, it's FREE! You don't have to pay for videos or books or pills or pre-prepared meals. It seems too good to be true! I mean, how could something so simple actually work?

...I'm a bit concerned that it'll make me bulky, though.

Has anyone tried this with any success?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Its so hard to sell free stuff. :)
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member

Now, I know it sounds crazy, but hear me out. I've done the stuff we all know works - raspberry ketones, juicing, cleanses, starvation, all fruit diet, no fruit diet, cocaine, speed, Special K Diet, rice cake diet, soup diet, etc. I've lost a few pounds, but nothing to write home about.

Then I hear about this new craze in the weight-loss community: eating less calories than your body is burning throughout the day by keeping track of what you eat. Apparently there's some "science" behind it and people swear it really works. And get this, it's FREE! You don't have to pay for videos or books or pills or pre-prepared meals. It seems too good to be true! I mean, how could something so simple actually work?

You forgot Meth!!!! :noway:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    :huh:
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member

Unfortunately, this approach only works for a few genetic freaks. :wink:
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    worst idea ever, where is the magic? I don't buy things without magic.....

ETA: or participate in them for free either....
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member

You'd really consider doing a diet that didn't have a name? You must be nuts. If it was any good they'd name it. If you eat less calories then you burn you'll just end up going into starvation mode and gaining weight. You have to control carbs. Only eat slow carbs. Fast carbs make you fat. Except fruit, they're fast but they don't make you fat because they're fruit. But don't eat to much fruit. You need just the right amount of fruit. Also you needs lots and lots of good fats but no bad fats. Eat lots of protein but never more then 20 grams at a time. You pee out anymore then that. Better not exercise too much, you'll get big like a guy,

notsrs
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Nope. I'm a special snowflake. I tried it, I eyeballed my foods and guesstimated. Oh and I don't log every day. I lifted a 10lb dumbbell and got man arms. I ain't doing THAT ever again. BOGUS
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    I want the instant look hawt pill in a bottle, none of this consistency and effort stuff...bah!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    There's no "But wait, there's more!"

If it doesn't have that sales pitch it's not legit.
  • moh813
    moh813 Posts: 1
    no but if its true please inform me
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Looks like it werked for you

Oh hai cutie :love:
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    take-my-money.gif
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Is it approved by Dr. Oz?
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member

Really...you would think they could throw in some raspberry ketones or something, then they could charge money for it...lots of money.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    worst idea ever, where is the magic? I don't buy things without magic.....

ETA: or participate in them for free either....

QFT (notsrs). Yeah, I only do things that are not based in science. 'Cuz, you know, science is what is destroying humanity and this planet. Magic is so much safer, since it doesn't harm nature, and offsets my carbon footprint, I'm sure.

And, moderate bacon intake is for bros, and I definitely need to act more like a lady, with like, magic rice cakes and raspberry ketone green tea extract. And berries (but only low-glycemic, no carb, fat free ones).
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Nrr8I.gif
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    I call bro-science. I have yet to hear about this "new diet" on Dr. Oz and therefore I reject it and shall go back to my pink dumbells and raspberry ketones in peace. :laugh:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member

Really...you would think they could throw in some raspberry ketones or something, then they could charge money for it...lots of money.
    Seriously, if I don't get double my order and a bottle of magic cleaning solution, it's soooooo not legit.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Anchorman.gif
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    So in. P.S. You're reeeeeeeally pretty!