Protein pancake recipes please!

Options
stuffinmuffin
stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
I've just bought a bag of delicious vanilla whey and fancy having a go at making some protein pancakes tomorrow morning before I head to the gym.

Do any of you have some good recipes?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/991227-ultimate-protein-pancakes-omg?hl=pancake

I use whole wheat flour, one egg instead of egg white, and it's delicious. It's a bit dry without fruit though, so definitely add some.
  • monicamorton
    monicamorton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Kodiak brand of protein pancake mix sold in Costco. It's awesome and already in a mix!
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Here's what I make... got this from an Instagrammer I follow. Use equal quantities of these 3 ingredients (I use 1/3 cup to make a single serving): oats OR oat flour, ricotta cheese OR cottage cheese and egg whites OR egg beaters. After you put those 3 ingredients together (using a hand mixer or blender), you can add/modify/season to your liking. I typically add vanilla extract and cinnamon. Alternatively, you could try adding PB2, peanut butter, almond extract, or whatever to the mix.

To top these off, I mix 1 Tbsp of PB2 and 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder together... thin these two ingredients with water to the desired spreadable texture. Then I spread this mix onto the pancakes. Alternatively, you could top with maple syrup, jam or whatever!

These 3 ingredients (oats, cottage cheese and egg whites) alone I calculated at 197 calories, 21 carbs, 2 gm fat, 22 gm protein, 393 sodium & fiber 4. All other ingredients like vanilla extract or topping would add calories.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My favorite are super simple. I'm allergic to whey, though, so I use soy powder, and I can't vouch for how these would work with whey.

1 scoop protein powder (I use chocolate Optimum Nutrition Soy)
    4 TBS liquid egg white (conveniently, this is exactly what fills an old protein-powder scoop)
    1-2 TBS water, just enough to get the mix to pancake batter consistency.

Form your pancakes on a hot, oiled griddle, then immediately add chocolate chips on top of the pancakes. (If I make this recipe as 2 pancakes, I use 10-15 chocolate chips each.) Cook until bubbles appear on the center of the surface of the pancake, then flip and cook briefly on the second side.

With the ingredients specified, it's 223 calories and 32g protein.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Saving this to make later.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/991227-ultimate-protein-pancakes-omg?hl=pancake

I use whole wheat flour, one egg instead of egg white, and it's delicious. It's a bit dry without fruit though, so definitely add some.

I use this one but with 1/2 tsp of baking soda instead of a whole one. And I usually top it with sugar free syrup.
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Here's what I make... got this from an Instagrammer I follow. Use equal quantities of these 3 ingredients (I use 1/3 cup to make a single serving): oats OR oat flour, ricotta cheese OR cottage cheese and egg whites OR egg beaters. After you put those 3 ingredients together (using a hand mixer or blender), you can add/modify/season to your liking. I typically add vanilla extract and cinnamon. Alternatively, you could try adding PB2, peanut butter, almond extract, or whatever to the mix.

To top these off, I mix 1 Tbsp of PB2 and 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder together... thin these two ingredients with water to the desired spreadable texture. Then I spread this mix onto the pancakes. Alternatively, you could top with maple syrup, jam or whatever!

These 3 ingredients (oats, cottage cheese and egg whites) alone I calculated at 197 calories, 21 carbs, 2 gm fat, 22 gm protein, 393 sodium & fiber 4. All other ingredients like vanilla extract or topping would add calories.

This is exactly how I do it. 1 cup oats, 1 cup cottage cheese, 6 egg whites, vanilla and cinnamon with however much protein powder you want. It tastes so damn good that my family will NOT be eating the boxed pancake mix any longer.
  • kerenelly
    kerenelly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I make buckwheat pancakes when I make pancakes.. and I must say they're pretty delicious!!

2/3 cup buckwheat flour
    1/3 cup protein powder
    1 cup almond milk (you can use whole milk if you like)
    1/2 tsp bread soda (v. important! I use bread soda cause it makes little wholes in the pancakes and my maple syrup goes in deliciously :P But baking soda would be fine also)
    2 small eggs OR 1 large egg

Just mix all together! This makes a lot of pancakes mind you, so I normally 1/2 the recipe if it's only for 1 or 2 people..

I also make big batches, and freeze them in 2's in between bits of baking paper in a plastic box in the freezer.. That way if i'm in a rush i can pop them in the toaster for breakfast or a quick snack!

Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    In for recipes. Winner is responsible for Sunday morning breakfast.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Love my protein pancakes

1 banana (sometimes I only use half a banana)
    1 tb flaxseed
    2 whole eggs
    1/2 cup almond milk (use more or less for thick consistency)
    1 scoop protein powder

Blend in blender.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    1/4 c oats
    1/4 c almond milk
    2 eggs
    1 scoop cinnamon roll protein powder

blend with my ninja

toss in a handful of fresh blueberries when in the pan
  • toiletski
    toiletski Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    1 scoop protein
    1 protein scoop of oats
    1/8 cup water depending on how thick you want your batter
    1 egg
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 tsp vanilla extract

depending on the protein flavor:
    1/2 banana if it's vanilla or chocolate + some white chocolate chips thrown in after blending
    OR
    1/4 cup pure pumpkin if it's vanilla or cake batter + a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice
    OR
    a few fresh strawberries or blueberries if it's vanilla or cake batter (make sure they aren't frozen, learned that the hard way)

mix it all with my bullet, cook like a pancake. the banana and white chocolate is my favorite
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas in here! Thanks for sharing - I'll thinking one of these will be great following my long run Sunday!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    4 eggs
    3 oz plain fat free greek yogurt
    1 scoop protein powder (I use either Trutein vanilla bean, pumpkin pie, or cinnabun)
    butter for the pan (optional, but it's part of my recipe)

566 calories/10g carbs/33g fat/59g protein

makes a decent amount, but I usually eat them all.
  • Makhai_
    Makhai_ Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    in
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yummy ideas. Saving for future reference.Thanks!
  • potatogirl741
    potatogirl741 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

1 Tbsp of PB2 and 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder together...that is brilliant! I can't wait to try that with my chocolate protein powder!
  • tiggerlilly1987
    Options
    Can u use any type of protein powder?
  • kristenFit
    kristenFit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    save