"Here I go again on my ooown"

Options
Well, not really, but I love random song references, so it just felt right, lol. My name is Chrissy and I have around 100 pounds to lose. I have struggled with my weight for the past 13 years or so and while I've had moderate success at losing in the past, I find it really, really hard to stick with a healthy lifestyle and the weight tends to creep back up. It seems that when "life" happens, the first thing to go is exercise, then I find myself gorging on my favorite (horribly unhealthy) comfort foods. This past weekend I really had a "come to Jesus" with myself after the I posted my highest weight ever of 239 last week and decided that I can't put it off any longer. Change has to happen NOW. So I've dusted off my Nikes, charged up my FitBit, stocked the fridge with healthy foods, and updated my apps.

I'm taking things one meal at a time and I'm starting slowly with my exercise. Yesterday I took my LolaBoo (our 2 year old pitbull) for a walk up to the end of the street and back, which was only about 10 minutes, but it was better than nothing. This morning we doubled it to 2 laps which equaled almost a mile. I'm going to push to go a little farther each time until I'm up to about 3 miles every morning.

I'm looking forward to getting more active in the community here and sharing my success with you all!

Replies

• JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Feel free to add me if you're looking for a pal to help stay motivated.
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Loooove the song reference.
    I have lost almost 50lbs but still have 100+ to loose.
    You can add me. :)
  • sheedy17
    sheedy17 Posts: 128
    Options
    welcome and good luck, i am always up to motivating ppl if you want to add me, you can definately do it
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Going down the only road I've ever knownnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Yes, it is a lonely road weight loss and you should rely on yourself to research digest and incorporate things you learn here. I think it's a perfect song to mark this new undertaking.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I know how you feel.
  • Yellowbelly84
    Yellowbelly84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent.
  • speciallisa
    speciallisa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Best of luck hun! Im starting of on the long road again tomorrow too :)
  • AJSMmom
    AJSMmom Posts: 14
    Options
    feel free to add me.. im in the same boat as you.. i need to lose close to 100lbs... and im always struggling with my weight.. its up and down...
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!!
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I feel so loved already, lol
  • Sptwoman
    Sptwoman Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I'm on that road...again. We can do this! I definitely need more friends. Feel free to friend me. :smile: