Is this loose skin?

Options
I've lost about 60 pounds in the last 8 months. I'm starting to actually see the skinny toned me. (I caught myself checking out my back muscle in the store the other day. who knew backs were sexy?!)

Well, this morning, I might have a little bit of a rude awakening. I was bent over and noticed my tummy is not the flat, beautiful thing it is. there was a 3x3 inch square just hanging down an inch from my belly button area. Bit of a shocker!

I did have a baby almost 2 years ago and a 60 lb lose on a 5'0" is huge. I can come to terms with it if it truly is loose skin.

With all of my wins lately, though, I'm really hoping i don't have to give up my dreams of beautiful abs. I already have the outline, and now I want the whole shabang!!!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Sounds like loose skin to me. But do not fear! From what I've read, it can take a year for the skin to tighten up and how much it tightens is dependent on genetics, how big you were, how long your skin was stretched, etc. You look younger and since your baby is just 2, I think you probably have a good chance of seeing that tighten up. Good work on your weight loss!
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    Wow 60 pounds is realllly big deal for 5 feet cuz I'm like 5'1-2. A gain of 5 pounds make a difference for me. I'm pretty sure it is skins since smaller body stretched quite a bit. Don't let it put you down and try to do more those tone muscle workout rather than cardio. That's what my mom did and it's really made a difference. Her stomach is totally small without losing much weight like 5 pounds difference or even none sometime. Her body is more much toner and look nicer. Everyone thought she lost weight and told her why are you so skinny. She weight more than them. LOL
  • Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'd say on your frame and in only 8 months it's just loose skin.

More time and building more muscle will help. I went to a doc recently as I've been kind of freaking out about loose skin because as you say, I want the whole shabang! 6 pack and nice definition throughtout, all of it!

Anyway, his advice was to just give it time. The more you continue to lose you are just making "extra" skin if you will. He told me any potention issue with loose skin initially could resolve itself but it could take a year or more.
  • SamanthaKayShaver
    SamanthaKayShaver Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Been away from a computer for awhile. Thank you for your responses! Its really comforting to hear that doctors say there is still a chance!

P.S for the shorties

Sucks being short and shooting for tiny numbers. But when 60 lbs equals 10 pant sizes, its worth it!