Replies

• mandar02
    mandar02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MY JEANS!!!!
  • bobbyguns
    bobbyguns Posts: 33
    Options
    To get up on a stage in front of hundreds (thousands?) of strangers, in a speedo, lathered in oil and self tanner, and perform muscle flexing poses... wait! Do I REALLY want to do that? Nah, just to practice what I preach. (I'm a newly certified personal trainer).
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What has you on this journey ?? Is it an ex boyfriend/girlfriend , a class reunion, a certain outfit ?? For me it is all about health, and those jeans, you know the ones, I want to wear those again lol

Constant knee pain. And all the things I can't do large. Roller coasters, run, play tennis well, make people I hate jealous, wear jeans, I guess. But clothes rank very low compared to living well, and just living.
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    A boy that liked me even fat, I'd just feel more confident approaching him fitter. To stop hating so much about myself. To surprise everyone. To be the best I can possibly be, and maybe realize that that guy probably isn't the best choice. Hoping confidence will help me there lol.
  • unfinishedpuppet
    Options
    I used to be really fit and strong, and when I gained weight I lost a lot of that strength. I miss the feeling of fighting with yourself to pick up a weight, to do just a little extra so I could become stronger. I miss the sweat and tears.

But besides that I'm doing it for my health. I've noticed that I breath heavier which scares the hell out of me. So I'm doing my best to fix it. Even if I mess up on my intake I jog it down here...just so I can show myself that I can and will do better.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Started as being ashamed of myself after someone told my husband he was married to a fat *kitten*. So that and hardly fit into a 1 size fits all costume at halloween. Now it is I don't want to jiggle anymore and I want to be the person our friends look up to when it comes to fitness.
  • huntergreene71
    huntergreene71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know for me it was a flight and I didn't want to need a second seat, but now I just really enjoy shopping for clothes where all the normies do. And a lovely lady friend doesn't hurt either.
  • Snailman44
    Snailman44 Posts: 25
    Options
    I honestly want to be in the best shape of my life. I love the energy i have now compared to be before its awesome. I was not interested in another fad diet i wanted something concrete i can do for the rest of my life. I want to motivate others after seeing a middle aged adult in his 40's with 3 kids who works 10 hour days.
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    was at 320 Pounds Saw a Girl and knew she never date me so went on this journey to work my *kitten* off doing crossfit and get her 10 months later lost 136 pounds and i got her
  • 4995jamie
    4995jamie Posts: 2
    Options
    Well this is my first day here, but my journey started a couple years ago at 280#. I was border line diabetic, my triglyceride number was 450, and I just felt like crap. Since then I was able to get down to 230#. Then my back went out for the second time. I had a pinched nerve in my lower back that caused me severe pain in my legs hips buttocks. The pain made it very hard to do anything, and I started eating more and moving less. So I started to swell up like a tick on dracula. But its been 1 month since I had a lower lumber discotmey, and I want to get rid of all this fat I dont need, and be here for my family for a long time. I want to carry a normal body weight to lessing the inpact on my back and all my joints, so life becomes pain free.
  • sammyc350
    sammyc350 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just want to be comfortable in my skin. I want confidence that comes with looking and feeling good all the time. I need to eliminate the risks of getting diabetes or a heat disorder... the pizza and fries and pop and junk is just not worth dying a miserable death due to health issues that can be avoided just by taking care of myself. I want to be a good parent some day and be able to set good examples for my future kids and set them up to live healthy lives. Every time I think about giving up and saying "It's not even worth it" I just think of a few of those reasons to get back on track. I am SO worth it. :)
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Along with the many reasons already listed...

- I would like find a comfortable sleeping position in bed and stay there all night - that would be amazing
    - I would like to walk up to any chair anywhere and sit down without mentally assessing its ability to hold my weight
    - I would like to be one of the 4 thin people eating at HomeTown Buffet on any given night
    - Speaking of chairs... it would be nice not to get stuck in plastic lawn furniture
    - I would like to wear out a pair of pants somewhere other than the inner thighs

The list could go on like that for pages
  • MarkR_2013
    MarkR_2013 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be fat and gross anymore. Plain and simple.

Same here. As well as snoring,being able to take my shirt off in public, and not hauling around an extra 80 lbs of dead weight when playing with my two very rambunctious kids.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have 2 kids, and ONE of us needs to be around their whole lives; since my 300-pound husband seems to have no desire to change a damn thing then that leaves me.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    For us, it's about a happier, healthier and longer life together and to adopt a little one :)

Kaela x
  • tiggersmum
    tiggersmum Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Mine is my knees...I have osteoarthritis and my weight isn't helping...
  • skyfall91
    skyfall91 Posts: 74
    Options
    One of the biggest reasons is my kids. I have a 3yr old son and a 20mnth old son and in the UK kids can start reception class (the easy fun play year before Year 1) and I dont want to be the fat mum who feels big and uncomfortable in her clothes waiting for her kids at the end of the day. Im 12st7lbs so not huge but Im 5"5 and feel extra weight easily. I want to lose 3st (42lbs) and be able to wear what I like and not have to worry if my fat rolls are showing!
  • JVClubs
    JVClubs Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What has you on this journey ?? Is it an ex boyfriend/girlfriend , a class reunion, a certain outfit ?? For me it is all about health, and those jeans, you know the ones, I want to wear those again lol

i really dont know anymore,, at first it was all for a woman, which kind of pathetic but, i guess anger drives me now,.

i try not to think about, i just go the gym unconsciously without thinking so i dont get lazy and say "fck this imma sit a home and watch sportscenter"

i know health and excerise is good for me, but its hard,, i havent given up yet..
  • PurrnRuff
    PurrnRuff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have used Myfitnesspal on and off for many years, whenever I am using it I do great, then I get complacent and sometimes I just go completely off the wagon for a number of reasons. I was listening to an NPR Ted radio hour podcast yesterday morning and it was about "why we lie" and it was very fascinating but the reason I bring it up here is that there was a segment where they talked about how when we don't follow through with our goals and things we choose to do we are actually deceiving ourselves, lying to ourselves, basically not keeping our word. Now of course we have all had that "lying to ourselves" moment when we make eyes at a big piece of cheesecake we decided to get after a big meal at a restaurant and promise tomorrow is another day. But I never really thought about it in the context of who I am as a person, am I a person of my word? That really gave me pause and I knew instantly that my desire to maintain my personal integrity is HUGE and that I strive so hard in life to not make any promises I can not keep to other people and always to be there to support people around me. So then why does it seem like the person who arguably is pretty key to my life (myself obviously) is the one person I seem to have absolutely no problem essentially making false promises, not following through with "projects"/goals and essentially having no rational self control at times in following through on important lifestyle and health decisions. I suppose it is the lack of fear of that societal reaction that "you are a liar, you let me down" that lets ourselves get away with it ... I don't know ... it is complicated but interesting concept so I figured I'd share my little moment as I once again try to get started! Looking forward to getting involved in this online community for shared thoughts, strategies and most importantly positive support!
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be fat and gross anymore. Plain and simple.

Same here. As well as snoring,being able to take my shirt off in public, and not hauling around an extra 80 lbs of dead weight when playing with my two very rambunctious kids.

Oh the snoring. I forgot about the snoring. I currently sleep for crap and my poor hubby is the lightest sleeper EVER. It would be so nice not to snore anymore so we can BOTH get a decent night's sleep.