Breasts

Options

Replies

• candyinmyheels
    candyinmyheels Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    my favorite (and most comfortable sports bra I've ever used) is the Fiona bra from Moving Comfort. I'm on my second one and they are worth every penny.
    I lost 50 lbs a few years ago and that included a reduction of only one cup size. honestly, I was a little upset at first, but I found that I felt so much better and more energetic, and I really did not care at the end. I suppose it is a very individual thing, and you will feel your own way about it, but I would urge you to exercise (find something that works for you, a lot of people have recommended some great low-impact things here) and see how you feel. A good weightlifting program and/or swimming could be great. Sometimes even walking (hopefully with your awesome sports bra) can do a lot. Another thing is dvds at home or a fitness game through wii or PS or whatever (opposed to going to a gym), if you are uncomfortable with people watching. My overall health is worth more to me than my boobs are. But I am sure other people feel differently. Good luck and I hope you find something that you like.
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'll second/third/whatever the go-too-small suggestion. Too-small sports bra over regular bra works pretty well for me. Once I even found a regular tank top (cost like 5 dollars) from a fairly thick fabric, got the smallest size that I could force over my boobs, cut off the bottom, and voila. It was actually a pretty good solution for a few months until it stretched out.
  • 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The elliptical machine gives a great, tough workout with less bounce. Plus your bottom half will end up looking as good as the top.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    1. Lift weights. Walk.

2. You will not lose any weight unless you eat more than you burn.

You mean if you burn more than you eat. :tongue:
  • Pema91
    Pema91 Posts: 44
    Options
    So I have a twisted spine because of big boobs and bad posture. So safe to say my boobs are damn heavy. I tried wearing multiple sports bras but that actually gave me friction burn!

I recently bought a panache bra from Bravissimo and oh my god I can even do bouncercise now! It doesn't rub under the arm, under the boobs or nipples (important esp if you have pierced like me), they have moulded cups to keep your shape and to better support each breast separately. I have never looked back since then and am looking forward to going back to Muay Thai boxing and doing jumping jacks without falling over due to the pendulum swing of my bazonkas!

BTW, depending on if you store fat in your breasts or not, you may lose weight in your boobs no matter what. This is not a bad thing. I did at a young age (I looked like a milking cow at 16) and they sprung up nicely and look so much better now they are small(ER). I have such a small back (30" on a good day) and looked very stupid, plus the weight they put on my spine has done me no good. I am still wearing a back brace most days to correct my posture.

And if you are still struggling, just avoid high impact activities. Simples!

BOOOOOBS
  • Pema91
    Pema91 Posts: 44
    Options
    Oh, and DO NOT get a too small bra - this is idiotic and how to potentially cripple yourself and or cause permanent damage to your nerves and such what.
  • martabrixton
    Options
    Thank you all for your advices, I'll definitely try wearing 2 sports bra and I'll try the brands you suggested.

Some of you said I will reduce my breasts if I exercise but I'm not sure why? I just want to make my belly flat and in general become more healthy, I am not really super big (size 10) so I thought exercising (if I eat normally just healthier) would not reduce them. BTW they are not THAT huge to be considered for the surgery or anything like that (this is me in the profile picture). I've had big breasts since I was like 14 and I was skinny at that time (like really skinny) and I'm just scared if I lose weight they will somehow get much smaller.

At gym normally I do running and bike for one hour and then go to a swimming pool for another hour, recently I got this app on my phone to work on my belly because this is my major reason but I've heard it's good to combine with other exercises otherwise I will get muscles but they will be covered with fat. Anyway I am really new to all this, last time I went to gym (before now) was like 5 years ago and I have no idea what I'm doing, especially that I see different advices on different websites.

Basically my goal is to achieve a flat belly and big bum + keep big boobs, is it too much to ask for? :D
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm BUSTY, we're talking iCups..I will only buy Freya high impact maximum support sports bra. You have to pay a price, but definitely worth it...I run, do jazzercise, jump on a trampoline, etc, etc...and have no problem with bounce.

+1
    Freya is where its at. I love their everyday bras too and I'm saving up for one of their swim suits.
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    good ones not the kind from target, but a legitimate heavy duty one. It will be expensive but worth every penny.

Could you please tell one or two brands that you recommend? I also have big breasts and want to buy a sports bra but confused about the "good heavy duty" ones.

Thanks
  • JesT23
    JesT23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I bought a Champion brand sports bra online. Racer back, medium thickness straps, under wire, super comfortable and sweat wicking. I use it for running and jumping rope. It definitely beats wearing 3 bras at once. I wear a 34 H.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bumping for brand ideas
  • RunningMyPugandPapi
    RunningMyPugandPapi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have (and LOVE) a couple Moving Comfort Juno bras (they were the highest rated on Amazon, so that's what I got). I also just bought a "Ta-Ta Tamer" from LuLuLemon and it is great as well.
  • rebeccalee1986
    Options
    I am fuller busted as well I wear two sports bras, I run just fine no pain no jiggly but I also buy sports bras that are one or two sizes too small. Hope that may help
  • rebeccalee1986
    Options
    Thank you all for your advices, I'll definitely try wearing 2 sports bra and I'll try the brands you suggested.

Some of you said I will reduce my breasts if I exercise but I'm not sure why? I just want to make my belly flat and in general become more healthy, I am not really super big (size 10) so I thought exercising (if I eat normally just healthier) would not reduce them. BTW they are not THAT huge to be considered for the surgery or anything like that (this is me in the profile picture). I've had big breasts since I was like 14 and I was skinny at that time (like really skinny) and I'm just scared if I lose weight they will somehow get much smaller.

At gym normally I do running and bike for one hour and then go to a swimming pool for another hour, recently I got this app on my phone to work on my belly because this is my major reason but I've heard it's good to combine with other exercises otherwise I will get muscles but they will be covered with fat. Anyway I am really new to all this, last time I went to gym (before now) was like 5 years ago and I have no idea what I'm doing, especially that I see different advices on different websites.

Basically my goal is to achieve a flat belly and big bum + keep big boobs, is it too much to ask for? :D

Personally I disagree you may not lose the big boobs, I haven't they are exactly the same as when I started losing weight
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Amen to that ;)
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hooray for boobies :-)
    +1
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    big boobs - natures natural kettle bells....

haahaha
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    From a fellow big boobed girl wear 2 sports bras, good ones not the kind from target, but a legitimate heavy duty one. It will be expensive but worth every penny.

Lift weights not because it will be kinder on them but because the effect lifting has on them is amazing!
    Lots of females in my gym who are large breasted do the double sports bra thing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

My wife does this when running. It's the only thing she's found to keep them in control.
  • tracysway
    tracysway Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have found that buying a tight fitting HIGH impact sports bra has helped. I stress high impact because the majority of what you find is medium or low impact. Nike makes a great one. I found it at ****'s sporting goods store.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Options:
    1. Double up on cheap compression bras
    2. Panache
    3. Shock Absorber
    4. Enell