what is everyones daily caloric goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• jenblwr
    jenblwr Posts: 53
    Options
    Mine is 1200 a day (before exercise)...but I really struggle to eat that much - which is probably why I struggle to lose weight too!
  • TheBun
    TheBun Posts: 5
    Options
    My goal is 1200 a day to lose 2 pounds a week. But I allow myself to take a bit more sometimes. In fact, I try to take 1200 calories, and I bind myself to 1500 (my metabolic needs at mini goal 1).
  • IsraaQ
    IsraaQ Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 1200 .. I'm 5'3 and the shorter and smaller you are the less food you ll want to eat to lose weight.. So use the tools in this site and it will automatically direct you and give you the many choices of calorie goals you can pick in relation to weight loss each week best of luck
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I manually entered mine to be 1550 since that's what my bodybugg recommended. I've seen bigger losses at this amount than at 1200 ;)
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Mine is 1660 before exercise. I usually end up burning between 200-400 calories so I end up with 1800-2000 allowable calories, but I'm almost always under by 100 or more. I put in that I wanted to lose 1.5 lbs a week, but last week, I lost 4.5. I initially put that I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week, but didn't think that was a realistic caloric goal for me. Don't set yourself up for failure. Just because you want to lose a lot of weight quickly, doesn't mean that's a realistic goal for your body.
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Mine is 1660 before exercise. I usually end up burning between 200-400 calories so I end up with 1800-2000 allowable calories, but I'm almost always under by 100 or more. I put in that I wanted to lose 1.5 lbs a week, but last week, I lost 4.5. I initially put that I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week, but didn't think that was a realistic caloric goal for me. Don't set yourself up for failure. Just because you want to lose a lot of weight quickly, doesn't mean that's a realistic goal for your body.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Rather than choosing, I put in how much I would like to lose in a week. I find that I usually lose a little faster than it says, but I'm sure there are others who lose more slowly. That way I'm neither starving myself in the name of losing weight quickly, nor eating more than I really need to stay on track. I find it works very well. It does ask you if you want to update your intake every 10 pounds. Then you lose a few calories, but it is easier to lose a few at a time than go cold turkey all at once!
  • princess_stephi
    Options
    Mine is set to 1000 per day. not many but it means that i constantly take note of what i am eating and encourages me to eat healthier as there are less cals in healthy foods rather than scoffing crisps, biscuits, etc :) xx
  • IG30
    IG30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I follow the rule Ive learned while watching "Cook Yourself Thin" goal weight times 10. So my goal weight is 130 x 10=1300 and thats my goal. Although I find myself eating about 1200 a day so far. For those who don't know what to make I highly recommend this cookbook or watch the show. I've made some great things I didn't know I had in me. And the desserts are divine. Good Luck to all.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1470 before exercise. My nut has eating between 1600-1800 calories a day as of yesterday so thats what I go by.
  • keyari09
    Options
    Mine is set at 1330 to lose 2 pounds a week
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Mine's set at 1300 a day for 0.8lbs a week. Slow progress!