gotta do it this time!!

Options
I'm 43 and have always struggled with my weight. Now it is literally a matter of life or death. I beat cancer 5 years ago and this past week during a CAT scan they found a cyst on my pancreas. As it stands now, they are going to wait 6 months and then do an MRI. Unfortunately, if this thing has grown or becomes cancerous, its very close to my intestines and it would be a big surgery. My doctor told me in not so many words that I'm lucky I don't need the surgery now, at my weight the risks are huge. I have 6 months to drop 40 pounds, this would take me down to 170. If I can get lower...Woo Hoo!
Any support I can get would greatly appreciated. Gotta do this for myself!

Replies

• CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like some encouragement!
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Six months is plenty of time! Feel more than free to add me for support and to glance at my diary :)
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Your goal is doable. Around 2 lbs a week. It won't be easy, you can do it. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • marieb96792
    Options
    thank you :)
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    What a scary situation! I think that you have an amazingly great attitude about it. Knowing you need to lose the weight for your health; well, it is my belief that this will be a powerful motivator for you. Best of luck. I'm sure you can do it.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm on here everyday and try my best to comment on things regularly, and good luck with your MRI, you can do this.......
  • leceliaharrison
    Options
    Hi,
    Please add me. I am diabetic and also losing weight for health reasons. We can encourage each other.