Size changes

Options
Hey everyone, how much did you lose to drop a dress size?

I've lost just under 30lbs now and I'm not really noticing the difference or finding my clothes feel loose.
It's actually quite upsetting :(

Replies

• fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    I cant remember. When I lost 33lbs I went from a 14 to a 10 (UK). I cant remember inbetween.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    I've lost close to 60 (damn thing keeps bouncing back and forth *eye twitch*) and have gone down between 4-6 dress sizes. I really started to notice around the 30-40 lb range and now my pants that were too tight before are starting to fall off. LOL. I guess I need to be careful with that.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    My sizes have been dropping all along, but you should have one soon.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I have found that it happens much more quickly the more weight I lose, and the smaller the size.

I'm 5'8" and it took me more than a 50 lb loss to go from 22 to 20!!

From there to size 14, I lost a size about every 15-20 lb - and now it seems to be more like 10-15 lb (currently in ladies 11/12).

Hope this helps somewhat! Of course it's going to vary by person.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, it takes a little while for your body to adjust to the weightloss and get smaller. A 30 pound loss is great! Just be patient - you will get smaller!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Haven't lost a size yet... :sad:
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    As a bloke I obviously do not have a clue about dress sizes, but found trouser belt & jeans waist sizes did change, maybe try measuring waist, hips etc and not relying on dress size?
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It really depends. I lost about 60 pounds, but a lot of it was lost very quickly (roughly 3 months) due to an undiagnosed medical condition. Long story short, my medical condition caused me to be in a constant ketosis-like state despite me eating a boatload of carbs, and I most likely lost a lot of fat from the ketosis (later ketoacidosis).

For tops, I went from a size XL (I have a few larger 18/20 shirts though) to a S/M. Earlier today, I actually tried on a S shirt my mom accidentally got for one of my sisters that was way too small, and it ended up fitting wonderfully.

For pants, I went from a size 18/20 to an 8/10. I don't recall really going through the process of being too small for my 18/20 pants. I went pants shopping in the early fall, and the people looked at me like I was crazy when I told them I was a size 18 pants (I ended up being a size 13).
  • hpaschetag
    hpaschetag Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had to lose about 35 pounds before my size started to go down.
  • Yanagibashi
    Yanagibashi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm about 35 pounds down but I've lost 2 pants sizes. But all of my fat was in my butt so -35 pounds of butt fat enabled the size change. I doubt I've changed shirt sizes at all.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Generally, the larger the size, the more you need to lose to get to a smaller size. It could take 20-30 pounds when I was big but now even a 5 pound difference can make my clothes too big or too small.

Overall I went to a size 32W to a size 6, so on average, it took me about 15 pounds to go down a size.
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I dropped about 40 pounds before I noticed my first size drop. After that, they started dropping off pretty steadily.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I've found that usually it takes about 10 pounds for me to change sizes, but I actually lost 25 pounds and went from a 10 to an 8. I have an athletic build and my hips only get so small before you hit bone and that doesn't decrease. ;-)
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Well... At the start I was wearing Jacamo size 3xl t-shirts and shirts from the internet...... Which is in American sizing because no UK highstreet stores did anything in my size. I've been lead to believe it would be a European 4xl.

I've now got into wearing H&M size XL European, but while I lose a lot of weight on the top of my body my legs and thighs have retained a lot still. So i'm losing more sizes on top than bottom. Its just how your body loses it.
  • Acaputa
    Acaputa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It took me about 35 lbs to lose the first size (size 16 to 14), so keep going!
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Are you tall-ish?

I am 5ft 9 and seem to have a big build - even when I am at my healthiest weight, the smallest I am is a 12-14 (Australian) on top and a 14 bottom on average (depending on the brand of course).

I have lost 11 kg (24lb) and am just starting to see some differences in how things fit. I think it also depends on where you carry your weight. I am definitely getting smaller up top, but thanks to the distribution of weight on my tummy (thanks for that sag, kids...LOL) wearing a smaller size just won't work yet. The bust is loose, and I even get a bit of armpit gape in some of my shirts, but it ends up being tight over the lower tummy.

I know, it gets to you after a while - well, it gets to me anyways! :laugh:

Stay the course!
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I changed a size about every 10-15 lbs. I'm pretty short, though. I think that helped a bit.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have the strangest sizes right now, in the past month I have had to get rid of or alter half of my clothes. I did a little bit of shopping recently and bought pants in a 14,12 and a 6! and jeans in a 32 and a 27 inch waist. I have bought medium through XL tops. And this is all within the last month. Proof that clothing size is just an arbitrary number.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'0, so for me a 30-lb weight loss brought be from a size 12 to a size 2/4.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    For me it's all about the distribution - My top half I've dropped a couple of sizes. My bottom half progress is sloooooooooow. I'm 5ft 7.