Knee Pain.

Options
Okay so I've been working out consistently for about a month now and it feels awesome. Except the past few days my knees have been killing me when I work out and esp after I work out :(

I would be devastated if I got an injury of some sort and couldn't work out. I know I should rest it but I just would hate to take to many rest days (its much harder for me to get back into shape ya know.)

Replies

• meeha2
    meeha2 Posts: 2
    Options
    I feel the same way right now and just started working out on the 28th of December. I was thinking it was because I got so heavy that maybe all the weight was putting alot more pressure on my knees but I will ask my doctor and reply to your post when I get the answers.
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I felt like you did about 4 or 5 years ago. I thought that I could just ignore the knee pain and move on, BIG mistake. Real pain (not soreness from exercise) is a sign. Rest, change your routine, and check with your doctor if it continues.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I felt like you did about 4 or 5 years ago. I thought that I could just ignore the knee pain and move on, BIG mistake. Real pain (not soreness from exercise) is a sign. Rest, change your routine, and check with your doctor if it continues.

I agree please don't ignor this get it checked out and REST! Better to rest now , than do real damage and have to give up exersise through permenant damage.

Good luck , take care
  • Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    I get knee and shin pain a lot from running. Ice, ice, ice! If that doesn't help try taking a day off, or do light cardio~walking, or elliptical.
  • Baby_Belles
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I def. don't want an injury of some sort. I wouldn't even know what to do with that seeing how I've never been injured because I've hardly ever been super active. Hahah.

I've been thrown from horses a few times but thats about it.

My knee is killing me just sitting on the couch so I decided to skip todays body combat class (mostly because we jump and kick a lot) I might goto a yoga class though I just don't know. Maybe lift weights.

Thanks again for all the support.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    Something "simple" that can cause knee pain is your feet when you run. If you pronate then you may need more support in your shoes for your arch. There are some running stores that can check this for you. Another "not so simple" issue could be if you have one leg thats a little longer than the other (which can happen if your hips aren't in the right place) your dr can give you an insert for the shoe of the 'shorter' leg to help. If the pain is sharp, stop. If its a burning or tingling pain, then you can still go, just don't push too hard. (this is what my dr told me) I agree with many above posters that you should see your dr about it. Not being able to walk .25 miles without limping for years SUCKS!! If your dr can't help you might see a chiropractor, thats who helped me. My problem was my hips and spine, once that was straightened I can run again, though I still have to be carefull not to push to hard.