Hoping to beat night eating

Options
_Clarana_
_Clarana_ Posts: 73 Member
Over the past few weeks, I've developed thi horrible habit of eating at midnight, 1am, 2.30am and sometimes 4am. I just wake up and it's like I'm a zombie..I eat and go straight back to sleep. It's awful and I've tried everything, and I need to lose the weight I've gained because of it to fit into my graduation dress! I love the MFP app, and thought it'd be nice to get to know people in the community. Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• signerh
    signerh Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't know about night eating, for me it's the late night snacking that is a problem, after dinner when you're not really hungry but still keeps eating little things...

Feel free to add me if you like, I think it does help a great deal to build up some sort of community here, to know that you are not alone and to have people who cheer you on and keep an on you :)
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think there's a group for this. I don't know how active it is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22041-no-nighttime-eating-support-group
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calorie limit, it doesn't matter what time you eat.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating something before you go to bed OP? Are you feeling hungry or just picking for the sake of it?

Adding - take something you can snack on to bed with you. If you eat that when you wake up you may not bother going to get something from the fridge.
  • joy_mcdougal
    Options
    I have the same exact issue and as crazy as it sounds, I take one (depending on the day i've had and how early I have to wake up in the am) melatonin gummy that I get from CVS. It doesn't really put me to sleep, but it does help me sleep deeper so there is NO 2am zombie munching! It is non habit forming as well, so no worries.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i like to eat late, so i save some of each day's calories and decide in advance what i want to snack on - deciding in advance seems to help. i usually like cereal and non fat milk right before bed.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I prelog my snack at night. It helps knowing I am staying in my calorie range.
  • _Clarana_
    _Clarana_ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone!