5'8" ladies in size 4 or 6, how much do you weigh?

2»

Replies

• loubear2306
    loubear2306 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 5'7" and I weigh 137. I can fit into a US6 but not a 4..yet (that is my goal). I wear an Australian size 10 if that helps? I am more bottom heavy so I would fit a 4 in the top but for pants/jeans still a 6. You can definitely aim for a size 4 at your height, just depends on how YOU feel at that weight.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Gee, I'm 5'6" and in a size 4-6 and weigh 115. Don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Everyone else is in a 4-6 weighing 10-15 pounds more than I do. Hmmm,m

Don't think you're doing anything wrong--you're just two inches shorter than most of the people answering the question.

I'm 5'9 and bounce between 155-160; I am generally an 8 but still doing 10 in dresses as my shoulders/chest are pretty large.
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    I'm 5'8, currently a size 6 at 135. I have about 10 pounds of baby weight to lose, putting me at 125, a size 4.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    It does depend on your shape (apple-weight in the middle; pear-weight in the butt/legs), but it also depends on if you do any strength training. If you do, you will weight more, but have a smaller size because muscle is more dense and compact than fat, therefor muscles weighs more than fat. And not only will you be smaller than someone who is the same weight as you, you will be more toned. I didn't see anyone mention that, so I had to put my 2 cents in.

Agree. Comparing yourself to other people based on height/weight/pant size can be deceiving because they probably have a different body type and body composition. It's like comparing apples with oranges.
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    I dont get how most of you ladies wear 6's. Ehh Im 5'8" and 156lbs and wear a size 10 - 12. I dont remember being much smaller than that except for when i was in 130's. I got down to 140's and was finally able to drop one size. But what am I doing wrong? What type of workouts do you ladies do to wear such smaller sizes?

I'm 5'9"ish and when I was in the 150s, I always wore sizes 8-10. When I was in the 140s in HS, I always wore 6-8. Now I can fit into a 4 but I'm in the 120s. I actually never thought that would be possible b/c I have wide hips but I have no butt and I'm the very low end of the BMI scale so I didn't see a big size change until I was in the 130s. I had to have a lot of weight come off (esp b/c of the big hips) to really drop sizes.

OP: I never thought it was possible either because even in HS I was never lower than 135 but I was almost always 143 on the nose. Now I'm thinner than ever which is very strange to me. I absolutely never thought (b/c I'm pretty hippy) that I would be a smaller size than I was but now I put on jeans from HS and they are loose.
  • dev0111
    dev0111 Posts: 6 Member
    This thread makes me feel terrible, since size 4 is to most people are around 140 and i'm size 4-6 and around 117lbs.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Even though this is an old thread, I'm 135 lbs and wear size 4 now