Fondly remember foods you don't like anymore

Options

Replies

• EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Reese's peanut butter cups. :frown:

The only candy I ever loved. I made myself read the nutritional info and decided to give them up forever. Then on Mother's Day I actually got SIX bags of PB cups from family members. I was like to freak out on the spot!!! I tossed a bag at each of my four kids, my nephew and the last bag to my Mom. Then said thank you to everyone for the thoughts and please don't ever do that again!!!!!

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!
    blasphemy-o.gif

how_to_make_reese_peanut_butter_cups_-_easy_steps.jpg
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    pizza and big macs.....I used to love them. but the thought of actually eating it now makes me want to gag. even tonight I sent my hubby out for pizza but got him to pick me up subway (I love veggie subs) and there is almost a full x-large pizza about 10 feet from me and I have zero desire to eat it.

I also love deep fried perogies but I tried to eat some last week and I was so sick afterwards. now that there is no grease in my diet it makes me want to gag at the thought of it
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Real talk: If I ever develop a distaste for pizza I am throwing myself in front of a moving bus.
  • TheMannon
    TheMannon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    For the record, not being able to handle certain foods is not remotely close to not liking them. And people claiming to no longer like cheeseburgers and pizza are frontin'.

I don't have any foods that I don't like anymore, but there are certain foods that my body rejects - primarily very rich sweets. The most painful examples, literally and figuratively, are carrot cake and banana puddin'. Carrot cake i absolutely cannot handle - just wears me and my innards out. As for Nanner puddin', well, i suck it up once or twice a year when my cousin makes a batch and just deal with the ramifications.
  • Rocio956
    Rocio956 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hot cheetos! I used to eat a family size bag every day. I cant even eat one anymore without getting a terrible heartburn.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I never stopped. I just eat less and move more and enjoy life.
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This has not happened to me at all. I still luh all the things that made me fat - just eat much less of it.

This.

Same here…my cravings have decreased.
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I used to ADORE Twinkies. I know. Ugh. I would eat them ALL the time and all the other snack cakes. They were basically crack for me.

Now if I even see one, it makes me sick. I just remember "Why did I ever EAT THAT?"
    Because ALL, and I mean ALL, was total crap and made me feel like crap after I ate it.
    Since sticking to a healthy and whole food diet, I can't bring myself to eat all those sugar-and-fat--inducing-coma type of foods.
  • ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I never stopped. I just eat less and move more and enjoy life.

Oh, I definitely still enjoy life too. If you look in my diary there's all kinds of treats and "junk" still slotted in there. It's just there are certain foods that I have developed a distaste for since not keeping them a predominant part of my diet. The pizza I drunkenly ate last night, for example, was pretty greasy. I haven't eaten any really greasy foods in a while now, and so I was just repulsed by the sudden grease. I wasn't trying not to like it because I thought it was "bad" or that I "shouldn't have it". I was very excited about having the pizza, and really, really wanted it. It's just that once I finally ate it, it didn't taste as wonderful or satisfying to me as it once did.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

You guys got me wondering if I somehow dislike Reese's. Unthinkable! and I haven't had one in years. I love them! Do I hate them?

The food that gets my gorge rising now since my dieting, is cereal in milk. All those grains swimming around, glop glop glop - ick.

High-fat food, and milk in coffee doesn't do it though. Must be grain-fear.

Pizza is ALWAYS on the menu forever and ever - bread or no bread.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Ketchup.

Hard Candy

instant oatmeal (oatmeal is already "instant", Add water and toss in microwave. Much better)
  • 1LadyKate
    1LadyKate Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This happened to me the other day. I was at a family gathering and I forgot my water. So I decided I would have 1 Dr. Pepper since it had been almost 6 months since I had one. It was really kind of gross. It wasn't tasty like I remembered.

Pizza, Cheeseburgers and Reese's....mmmmmmm. I had some pizza a couple days ago and I thought I did good. 1800 calories later I realized I did not do so good.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I used to love steak. Now I can barely eat a bite of it. I dunno, taste buds changed. I eat all the pasta though.
  • LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Chips like Lays Salt & Vinegar and Cheetos for me - I used to love those but this past year I've never had a craving, and when I do decide to grab a bag I always regret it because they no longer taste good to me. They also just make me feel sluggish and bleh.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

instant oatmeal (oatmeal is already "instant", Add water and toss in microwave. Much better)

Good one. Also instant rice vs. regular rice. Rice is already instant enough and tastes much better than 'instant.'

I recently felt my stomach turn when I had sour cream recently. I loved sour cream but haven't had it in a long while since I eat a lot of greek yogurt and that makes a decent substitute. Had the real full fat sour cream and I felt sick for about an hour.
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This has not happened to me at all. I still luh all the things that made me fat - just eat much less of it.
    Same, I haven't deprived myself of anything. Though, I could still do with cutting back and learning more self control. I still slip up from time to time, but I don't believe in throwing out "bad" food, I think it's better to learn to control myself and portion things out+work them in than stopping cold turkey and having cravings (which usually leads to a binge).

I just eat a couple slices of my favorite pizzeria's pizza instead of the whole pie in one sitting; Then I'm eating less calories and having cold pizza left over for the next day. (<3 cold pizza)
  • ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Same, I haven't deprived myself of anything. Though, I could still do with cutting back and learning more self control. I still slip up from time to time, but I don't believe in throwing out "bad" food, I think it's better to learn to control myself and portion things out+work them in than stopping cold turkey and having cravings (which usually leads to a binge).

I just eat a couple slices of my favorite pizzeria's pizza instead of the whole pie in one sitting; Then I'm eating less calories and having cold pizza left over for the next day. (<3 cold pizza)

I feel like some people are mistaking my meaning of this thread. I still frequently indulge in things that I like. I don't believe in completely cutting "bad" food out of my diet, either. So, it's not about wanting to eat "bad" foods but demonizing them instead. Rather, it's about wanting to eat "bad" foods that used to taste really good, only to find that they (disappointingly) don't taste good anymore.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Five Guys and Taco Bell. Actually, all fast food just about. Makes me feel like trash. Also, Chips Ahoy. Those things are garbage. If I'm going to have a cookie, it better be homemade.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Ham sandwiches - YUCK. I used to have on every day at school and then one day I just decided I hate it. And I still do.

I won't turn down candy bars, but once you've had nice, quality dark chocolate reeses cups taste like chalk and m&ms taste like plastic.

Also:

0002430004331_500X500.jpg
    BARF

0002430004156_500X500.jpg
    BARF

9WL415vNhpZ2BQe2cLxFex9ckRJh64AtFNMMepK7_Gl1Q_h13iHk1_tmHGxqrpXQwtF44pFVDhiBIDMlGVMFY2wP3ht-0a31RisirCTta28uL-_YgQ.jpg
    EUGH

All things I used to eat DAILY as a kid. I remember I had a cosmic brownie like 3 years ago, I was SO siked. I couldn't even finish it. Grossss
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes, but what's interesting to me is that my RELATIONSHIP with that food has changed. Not only does it not taste as good, I don't get the same wonderful feeling I used to get while eating it. I don't think of it as depriving myself, for me it's a matter of putting food into perspective and also, eating things REALLY worth my calories. Things that really tickle my taste buds like my old favorite pizza and a box of Pop Tarts no longer do!