Breakfast ideas

Options
Hi all, I'm pretty new here! I was wondering if some of you could help me with some ideas for breakfast. I'm having a hard time finding things to eat for this meal, and my morning snack at work, that don't eat up a lot of my daily calories. Often, I find that I've used up about 2/3 - 3/4 of my daily calories by the time I've finished lunch! Any suggestions for low cal breakfasts and snacks?

Replies

• carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    an egg or two and some lean bacon or oatmeal, that will stay with you for a while.

try some string cheese for a snack.
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i have this problem too but i do now eat muller light yogurts they are just under 100 calories depending on what flavour you have but i have also found that they dont really keep you full til lunchtime,
    try eating foods with protein in that keep you fuller for longer, i.e ham, eggs, chicken
    for lunch i usually opt for soup keeps you fuller for longer and if you aint as fussy as me theres loads of variety so you dont get bored
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is always a staple here. I like to add 1T of peanut butter and 1/2 banana. delish!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    Breakfast was always hard for me as I'm not usually hungry in the morning and don't always have a lot of time. Sometimes I even make my breakfast the night before if it's something that can be reheated. Today I have a cup of light vanilla yogurt and a cup of strawberries. Mid morning I will have 15 almonds. This usually helps me so that I'm not SUPER hungry at lunch time.

I usually don't eat meat so one breakfast I made was a 1/4 cup of egg beaters, 1/4 cup of fat free cheddar cheese just scramble these together, on a light english muffin. Filling. I actually only ate half for breakfast and the other half mid morning. Another breakfast was 1/2 cup egg beaters with a veggie patty (I prefer Morningstar Garden Veggie Burger) broken up into bite size pieces, tomato, and some onion scrambled together. Also could only eat half the serving and the other half mid morning. That recipe I got from Hungry Girl. Great cookbooks and resource, google hungry girl for her website.
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I have been doing a breakfast smoothie, I use the jillian michaels "ultimate meal replacement shake" and then add about 6 ice cubes and a cup of frozen strawberries to it. It's super simple and fast ( which is good for me, b/c i am not an earlier riser and only give myself about 30 minutes to get ready and be out the door) Anyway, it makes about 28 ounces of a smoothie, i drink that on the way to work, and when i get to work i'll finish it, within the hour I eat a banana, and then it is pretty satisfying until lunch. If i do get a craving before lunch i either do low-fat string cheese, or babybell has really good mild cheddar for only 70 cals for a mini wheel!!! :) Just an idea!! Good luck!
  • etherah
    etherah Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone!! :) That should keep me fed for a while!
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    I usually just have one serving of cereal 3/4-1 cup depending on the cereal, plus skim milk, and some orange juice... You can even put a banana or a few craisins on the cereal.
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well I am going to go with everyone else. I have 1/2 cup of dry oats, cook it in microwave with 1cup water. Hard boil 2 eggs. just white with one and than eat the whole other egg. Sara Lee has bread that is 45cals a slice. I toast 2 of these with some I cant believe its not butter. Than I have a Banana if I have any around. its a lot of food but comes in just under 500 cals. If this is to much than save the banana or toast for your snack.
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have almost the same thing everyday b/c I love it.

I have a Thomas' 100 calorie whole grain english muffin with either some organic strawberry spread or almond butter on it for breakfast.
    My go to morning snacks (around 10:30) have been fruit and yogurt or fruit and cheese.
  • karistrickler
    karistrickler Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese topped with one orange (cut up), teaspoon of honey, sprinkle of cinnamon, and 5 almonds (chopped). It was different and very good!
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Protein bars or shakes are always good!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    It's a little high in sodium, but the Jimmy Dean turkey sausage sandwich on the English muffin is pretty good! Great for when you are on-the-go. 18 grams of protein, only 6 grams of fat. The egg is all egg whites. I thought it was pretty tasty for a frozen breakfast sandwich.
  • dani818
    dani818 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I normally do 1 fried egg and a pack of grits, or a hard boiled egg and a slice of wheat bread with a 1/2 tsp of butter on it. Anything with protein or grains usually hold you up longer.

snack i do a stick of cheese or a mini bag of popcorn.