Negative motivation....

Options
Hi guys this is Miguel...
When I was 210 lbs size 40 on pants and I was trying to lose weight, some of my strongest motivation came from some people's comments talling me that it would be too hard or that I could not do it......
Now I am at 164 lbs size 31 on pants and my next goal is to lower my BodyFat Percentage to at least 10% and hopefully develope a six pack........ and again... my strongest motivation is being people says it is too hard or that it cant be done.... :-D .

I have friends that encourage me and I appreciate that.... but I feel tha what keeps me going strong is the negative feedback :-P

Isn't that strange??
Does that happen to any of you???

By the way if anyone needs a push or wants to give me a push in our journey feel free to friend me.

Tks

Replies

• kiesha22001
    kiesha22001 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't improve from negative or positive motivation. I do what I want, when I want. It's what works for me. That being said, I'm glad you found something that works for you and if it's negative motivation, then there's nothing wrong with it!
  • miguellara78
    Options
    Great point there... the biggest motivation should come from within myself.... :-D ... and it does.. that is what made me start the journey.... but the motivation gives me those little pushes that sometimes I need to keep going the extra mile :-p

But I see the point and I agree.....
  • mweb21
    mweb21 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi guys this is Miguel...
    When I was 210 lbs size 40 on pants and I was trying to lose weight, some of my strongest motivation came from some people's comments talling me that it would be too hard or that I could not do it......
    Now I am at 164 lbs size 31 on pants and my next goal is to lower my BodyFat Percentage to at least 10% and hopefully develope a six pack........ and again... my strongest motivation is being people says it is too hard or that it cant be done.... :-D .

I have friends that encourage me and I appreciate that.... but I feel tha what keeps me going strong is the negative feedback :-P

Isn't that strange??
    Does that happen to any of you???

By the way if anyone needs a push or wants to give me a push in our journey feel free to friend me.

Tks

Lower body fat to 10%? Man, that's too tough. I don't think you can do that. ;-)
  • ilovetokeepfit
    Options
    I think that is quite normal as you normally find satisfactions in proving people wrong :)
    And I wouldnt call it negative motivation but rather call it a helping hand.
    P.S- Feel free to add fellow fitness pals :)
  • miguellara78
    Options
    Lower body fat to 10%? Man, that's too tough. I don't think you can do that. ;-)
    LOL there you go, that is the spirit.... LOL :-P...
    tks
    I think that is quite normal as you normally find satisfactions in proving people wrong :) 
    And I wouldnt call it negative motivation but rather call it a helping hand. 
    P.S- Feel free to add fellow fitness pals :)
    You are right I probably went too far calling it Negative Motivation...I couldnt find the right words but a Helping Hand works for me.

Tks
  • ilovetokeepfit
    Options
    No Problem.