5'8" ladies in size 4 or 6, how much do you weigh?

Options
2»

Replies

• lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Anywho, I'm usually a fairly comfortable 8, but my favorite and best fitting pair of jeans is a size 6 (from GAP and there sizes are just crazy weird), but I've also got a pair of 10s that fit pretty good.

OMG - GAP jeans are crazy! I have Old Navy jeans in size 6, Banana Republic in size 8 and my skinny GAP jeans in size 6 are too tight. Grrrr. THAT is my goal to get back into those.
  • oxnard_duffy
    Options
    I dont get how most of you ladies wear 6's. Ehh Im 5'8" and 156lbs and wear a size 10 - 12. I dont remember being much smaller than that except for when i was in 130's. I got down to 140's and was finally able to drop one size. But what am I doing wrong? What type of workouts do you ladies do to wear such smaller sizes?
  • amclaughlin88
    Options
    I agree with Oxnard ^^^ I am 155 at 5'7'' and I am in a 12 and that is uncomfortable. I mean I do have pretty wide hips but still!!!
    I just started insanity so I'm helping I can at least drop to a single digit by the time I'm done. Even a 7/8 would be nice! Ideally I want to get back down to a 4 or so.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    5'9", 146, medium/large frame and in a size 6, although recently I can take my jeans off without unbuttoning them, even the day after i have washed them.
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and size 4 or 6 I weigh 134, it's my ideal weight.
  • aimontheaim
    Options
    amclaughlin88 said, "I agree with Oxnard ^^^ I am 155 at 5'7'' and I am in a 12 and that is uncomfortable. I mean I do have pretty wide hips but still!!!"

And oxnard_duffy said, "I dont get how most of you ladies wear 6's. Ehh Im 5'8" and 156lbs and wear a size 10 - 12. I dont remember being much smaller than that except for when i was in 130's. I got down to 140's and was finally able to drop one size. But what am I doing wrong? What type of workouts do you ladies do to wear such smaller sizes?"

I was once in the same boat. I fluctuate anywhere between 150-162lbs and wear a size 8US. Of course, 162 gets a pretty tight fit, and 150 is comfortable and allows 6's to fit also. But! I've also weighed this range of weight before and been in a size 11-12US. What's the difference? RUNNING. It has completely transformed my body! Never, ever thought I'd be a size 6-8, but thanks to running- I am! Going to try to get to a 4?? After getting to what I used to think was impossible with running, ANYTHING seems possible!
  • 1carolynet
    1carolynet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and weigh around 136. I consistently wear a size 4 or 2, in gap and lucky jeans, I wear a 2, most other places in wear a 4. My shoulders are large but my bust is small (36a) , so I usually wear a large for shirts, and of course, it gapes in the tummy area. If I buy a dress, size 4 fits just fine in the hips, but to fit the shoulders I usually have to opt for a size 6 or 8. I'm very fit. Somewhere around 15-18% body fat.
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weigh 135lbs. I'm currently wearing a size 6 but like to actually go UP (I know, shocking) sizes when I want to wear shorts, so I go up to about a 9 (especially with high waisted ones). :)
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Gee, I'm 5'6" and in a size 4-6 and weigh 115. Don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Everyone else is in a 4-6 weighing 10-15 pounds more than I do. Hmmm,m
  • fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    I wear a uk size 10. I weigh 11 st 1lb or 155lbs.
  • loubear2306
    loubear2306 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I weigh 137. I can fit into a US6 but not a 4..yet (that is my goal). I wear an Australian size 10 if that helps? I am more bottom heavy so I would fit a 4 in the top but for pants/jeans still a 6. You can definitely aim for a size 4 at your height, just depends on how YOU feel at that weight.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Gee, I'm 5'6" and in a size 4-6 and weigh 115. Don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Everyone else is in a 4-6 weighing 10-15 pounds more than I do. Hmmm,m

Don't think you're doing anything wrong--you're just two inches shorter than most of the people answering the question.

I'm 5'9 and bounce between 155-160; I am generally an 8 but still doing 10 in dresses as my shoulders/chest are pretty large.
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, currently a size 6 at 135. I have about 10 pounds of baby weight to lose, putting me at 125, a size 4.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    It does depend on your shape (apple-weight in the middle; pear-weight in the butt/legs), but it also depends on if you do any strength training. If you do, you will weight more, but have a smaller size because muscle is more dense and compact than fat, therefor muscles weighs more than fat. And not only will you be smaller than someone who is the same weight as you, you will be more toned. I didn't see anyone mention that, so I had to put my 2 cents in.

Agree. Comparing yourself to other people based on height/weight/pant size can be deceiving because they probably have a different body type and body composition. It's like comparing apples with oranges.
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I dont get how most of you ladies wear 6's. Ehh Im 5'8" and 156lbs and wear a size 10 - 12. I dont remember being much smaller than that except for when i was in 130's. I got down to 140's and was finally able to drop one size. But what am I doing wrong? What type of workouts do you ladies do to wear such smaller sizes?

I'm 5'9"ish and when I was in the 150s, I always wore sizes 8-10. When I was in the 140s in HS, I always wore 6-8. Now I can fit into a 4 but I'm in the 120s. I actually never thought that would be possible b/c I have wide hips but I have no butt and I'm the very low end of the BMI scale so I didn't see a big size change until I was in the 130s. I had to have a lot of weight come off (esp b/c of the big hips) to really drop sizes.

OP: I never thought it was possible either because even in HS I was never lower than 135 but I was almost always 143 on the nose. Now I'm thinner than ever which is very strange to me. I absolutely never thought (b/c I'm pretty hippy) that I would be a smaller size than I was but now I put on jeans from HS and they are loose.
  • dev0111
    dev0111 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel terrible, since size 4 is to most people are around 140 and i'm size 4-6 and around 117lbs.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Even though this is an old thread, I'm 135 lbs and wear size 4 now