Do you excercise alone or with someone

Options
I am starting to realise that I like to excercise alone. I don't like having to wait around for someone else, or try to work around their schedule. It's easier for me to just put the baby in the pram and go for a walk or a jog when ever I feel like it. Sometimes it's nice when hubby joins me, but I like being by myself!

Do you excercise on your own, or with a friends or do group fitness?

Replies

• cantfail
    cantfail Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I like to concentrate on what I'm doing. I'm not a big fan of group exercise classes either.
  • newmom_2012
    newmom_2012 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Usually alone. Fitness classes are hit and miss. Some I've loved, others I hated.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I like lifting alone but having a built in spotter is pretty cool too.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    generally I'm solo
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I pretty much run by myself. None of my friends are interested in getting into shape.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise alone but with others around... usually in a gym environment. Don't want something going wrong and me be totally by myself.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I usually do group fitness because the support motivates me, and it's nice to have instructors to correct my form. But some days I just don't feel like conversation and work out by myself in the gym instead. My friends who exercise are mainly into running (which I'd rather do solo), but I wouldn't mind lifting with friends.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I have the food thing down and control it well. However, exercise is another story. Unless I know someone is counting on me I always find reasons to not go or make excuses or if I I find I do go I do not push myself as hard as I do with others. I thrive much more in group classes. :) Everyone is different though :)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy my own company while working out and prefer to be alone. I do, however, enjoy the camaraderie when taking classes. I'm a social butterfly.
  • bmoore88155
    bmoore88155 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I prefer exercising alone. I love just concentrating on my workout and finding some alone time :)
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I workout with my husband. There's a tiny gym here free for community use. We walk over, do our workout, and walk back. If one of us finishes up before the other, there's a TV with DirecTV.

But mostly we go together because we live in a less-than-safe area.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    alone- finding a truly good lifting partner that meshes with your speed/tempo style and weight structure is very difficult. I have found it's to much work- I'm typically winding up coaching people through workouts and while that's great for them- my workout sucks.

So i just lift alone. I have one friend I like lifting with- otherwise- I can't be bothered.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Almost always with others... I love to run, do bootcamp, play sports, I'm game for anything, but it usually has to be with a group or at least someone else.. There are times when I just need to get out alone with my thoughts and run them into the sunrise or sunset, but for the most part, I'm a social creature. I have a mud-obstacle racing team that comprises 22 people now.. At any given time I can grab one or three of them for runs or workouts.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Alone. I can't be bothered with people yapping at me while I'm trying to concentrate. Gym time is work time, not social hour.
  • easeintofitness
    Options
    Working out is my clarity time. I love doing it alone!
  • Makhai_
    Makhai_ Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yep, alone......
  • nxiety
    nxiety Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Alone. Concentration is more important than socializing during that time.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Alone always. I like being alone
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I roll solo, its better that way because I can focus on my goal rather then listens to my friends complaint.
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I currently go to the gym with my husband, but i'm so tired of waiting for my "little princess man" to finish showering and getting dressed after our workout session. :tongue:

Can't wait til he goes back to school in September so i can lift alone. :grumble: